• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some of the above posts with slack jawed amazment!

Despite my agricultural upbringing, or indeed perhaps exactly because of it I appreciate that we are all different, different abilities even within the same bloodline/family, let alone the local community.

Some are intelligent, some physically strong, some good with people, a few are all of the above, some destined to unskilled work for the rest of their lives, some cut out to be surgeons or vets.

Some are feckless scoundrels, some very decent people.

Absolutly regardless of ethnicity.

A kinda an aside, when wor Son cut himself with a machete, aged about 5, we took him to the casualty, where he was treated by a very very very black Dr. complete with the Tribal scarring on each cheekbone.

He was clearly better bred than either of us, spoke impeccable English, and probably educated at Harrow or Eaton, and a lovely lovely man, who appeared to be entirely approving of us letting our child play with a machete.

Unlike the local harridan of a Nurse.

Then we got the pure bred Anglo Saxons round the local bonfire, still living in the Middle Ages, blaming witchs and Roman Catholics for all their self inflicted problems.

It is the same the world over.

m

Well said :)

Matelot did you actually read the review or have you taken it and cherry picked the bits you want rather Tha looking at the whole paper. The paper seems to suggest that head size has an an effect on brain size but is a very crude way of predicting iq. According to the study women's heads and brains are smaller than males but have the same average IQ levels. When born whites and blacks have the same size brain. When blacks are brought up in the same environment as whites as in adopted by whites the IQ is similar to white IQ. This puts it back in the nurture category does it not.

An example for you. I have a Labrador with an old fashioned massive head so should have lots of space for brains. He lived with another family for the first 4 years of his life and is the most socially inept and quite frankly thick dog you could meet. Doesn't retrieve doesn't swim can't find a biscuit more than 6 inches away from his nose. He was born with the brains but the brains weren't challenged. On the other hand we have a springerdor who quite frankly has a small head (just for fun he is black as well) he has lived with us from 8 weeks. He went to training for a year. He can find a golf ball he has never smelt or seen in a 20acre field. He can find 20 pound notes hidden in the house when told to do so. You get the picture. The difference is the social upbringing and the life experience which contribute most to intelligence.

There are thick people in all walks of life. There are also highly intelligent people in all walks of life.

I apologise if I've caused any offense. It's just when I see the world around me the evidence seems to point to certain things.

I suppose some groups are just painted in a negative light. Like travellers for instance, some travellers commit crime and the whole community is then tarred with the same brush. People ignore the vast majority of decent/ hardworking/ honest travellers and focus on the actions of a few.

I apologise if I've caused any offense. It's just when I see the world around me the evidence seems to point to certain things.

I suppose some groups are just painted in a negative light. Like travellers for instance, some travellers commit crime and the whole community is then tarred with the same brush. People ignore the vast majority of decent/ hardworking/ honest travellers and focus on the actions of a few.

Nice try matelot.

Unfortunately I don't have the power to ban you, but I can choose to ignore all your future posts and hopefully if enough of the other excellent folk and folkesses on here do the same then you will get bored and go and be pathetic somewhere else.

Ah!, now did someone mention travellers, intelligent, generally physically strong, mechanically gifted, posessing of very strong family/tribal values, and blessed with much legal knowledge and the "gift o the gab".

Just a terrible pity they apparently regard the non-traveller population as fair game to be preyed apon.

From direct personal experiences.