which woodburning stove?

Silverwood

I have a 10 year old hunter which I think is average. But I bought a hamlet made by arda in dorset I think. Fitted it in our falling down office and wished I had fitted it in the house cracking stove really efficent, well made and designed and easy to control only 5kw but chucks out the heat.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody.

got a budget of around £1000ish.

Hopefully going to do the building side(chimney breast opening up)myself

but will need to find someone to install the stove in the west yorks(Leeds)area.

our house used to have a open fire in it but the fire place has been bricked up so il have to open her up.

Just bought a new bike for myself so sort of doing a ying/yang balancing act a'la 'her in doors' style if you get me:)

sort of soften the blow when the bank statement comes in nxt month:)

You do know that you can do your own stove installation don't you? If you are capable of opening up the chimney then it will be easy.

Then just get it signed off by the council building control officer. No need for a HETAS installer IIRC.

I'm on my second 8KW Clearview Vision 500 (left first one in previous house when I moved). They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for. I do all my space (but not water) heating with mine and burn about 7 tons / 14 cubic metres of wood per year in an average winter.

If a client/friend has a stove I always like to have a nose about and use it a bit if possible. Because people know I'm very interested I've even had clients call me re: problems using their newly installed stoves and gone over with a bag of well seasoned logs to see if I can help.

I have tried lots of Stoves from lots of manufacturers in this manner and none of them are a patch on mine. They either aren't as controllable, don't stay in as well, don't light as easily, the glass goes black and/or use more wood.

Agree completely with you Andrew, I'm just about to put one back in that I sold with house sale. Brought it back off the new owners for £200! Bargain!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Clearview Pioneer 400P and its superb. I have a house built in 2003 so fairly well insulated. My living room is nigh on 23' long yet this 4 kw stove can heat it up with the room door left open and heat the halls, landing and keep the chill off the bedrooms as well.Great build quality, dead easy to use/clean and spares availability is no problem from the UK manufacturer (should you need them)

I have a Clearview Pioneer 400P and its superb. I have a house built in 2003 so fairly well insulated. My living room is nigh on 23' long yet this 4 kw stove can heat it up with the room door left open and heat the halls, landing and keep the chill off the bedrooms as well.Great build quality, dead easy to use/clean and spares availability is no problem from the UK manufacturer (should you need them)

Just having a Clearview Pioneer 400 fitted as I type, can't wait to have a burn.