which woodburning stove?

Silverwood

http://www.championstovecompany.co.uk

Well (British) built, simple stoves at an excellent price. He will build bigger stoves on request. I have a 4kw stove in my office, my old neighbour has a 7kw version in her living room. Good friends of ours are about to get a 7kw stove for their new house, we have a 20kw monster in our living room at home and I'm about to get a 15kw version of the monster for a house we share with a friend up north. Highly recommended!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morso squirrel. There the nuts.

Morso lead the world in stove design and technology, you cant buy a better stove.

Want parts for a 50 year old Squirrell, no problem, all in stock at Rugby, very few stoves last that long and none have parts support that far back, except Morso.

Just have a look at this seasons new stove the 6643.

morsoe 6643, neue Formsprache, ein Schritt vorrausGuss & Co.

Not available in the UK until next month, oval shape, twin door, 180 degree view of the fire, another world first. Going to sell at about £1750 inc VAT so I understand, that ladies and gents is the new design benchmark for wood burning stoves, ten year casing warranty of course.

There is also a new small stove the Swift coming any day now at around £600 inc VAT as well as big price reductions on Badger and 04 models.

Never has there been a better time to buy a Morso, just dont buy it online as there is no UK based warranty support for stoves sold online. UK based support is only available on stoves supplied through dealers shown on the Morso UK web site.

Sales pitch over !!.

A

Thanks everybody.

got a budget of around £1000ish.

Hopefully going to do the building side(chimney breast opening up)myself

but will need to find someone to install the stove in the west yorks(Leeds)area.

our house used to have a open fire in it but the fire place has been bricked up so il have to open her up.

Just bought a new bike for myself so sort of doing a ying/yang balancing act a'la 'her in doors' style if you get me:)

sort of soften the blow when the bank statement comes in nxt month:)

Thanks everybody.

got a budget of around £1000ish.

Hopefully going to do the building side(chimney breast opening up)myself

but will need to find someone to install the stove in the west yorks(Leeds)area.

our house used to have a open fire in it but the fire place has been bricked up so il have to open her up.

Just bought a new bike for myself so sort of doing a ying/yang balancing act a'la 'her in doors' style if you get me:)

sort of soften the blow when the bank statement comes in nxt month:)

Are you able to put it through a business as a heater and get the VAT back and tax relief maybe?.

A

I have had a Town and Country Little Thurlow(5kw) for 8yrs and more recently a Stovax Stockton 7kw put in a new extension.

I would rate the Thurlow highly and the Stovax as average.

Used to have a Clearview double doored thing (15kw?) in a previously rented house. Did 9 rads and hot water. It was a belter of a stove too.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on what you want but tbh for us I wanted a stove that was a little over kill for the house we have a villager A stove all parts can still be bought for them but do make sure you get one with a stainless boiler unlike mine where I had to cut the top off and make a new one with the stove being over kill its mainly just on tick over for a 3 bed house and 7 rads and more than enough hot water on tap.

Also you need to think about what you are using for fuel we mainly burn wood so a larger stove is a good idea as its easier to load the wood and doesnt need to be cut up into little lengths.

I'm on my second 8KW Clearview Vision 500 (left first one in previous house when I moved). They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for. I do all my space (but not water) heating with mine and burn about 7 tons / 14 cubic metres of wood per year in an average winter.

If a client/friend has a stove I always like to have a nose about and use it a bit if possible. Because people know I'm very interested I've even had clients call me re: problems using their newly installed stoves and gone over with a bag of well seasoned logs to see if I can help.

I have tried lots of Stoves from lots of manufacturers in this manner and none of them are a patch on mine. They either aren't as controllable, don't stay in as well, don't light as easily, the glass goes black and/or use more wood.

I'm on my second 8KW Clearview Vision 500 (left first one in previous house when I moved). They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for. I do all my space (but not water) heating with mine and burn about 7 tons / 14 cubic metres of wood per year in an average winter.

If a client/friend has a stove I always like to have a nose about and use it a bit if possible. Because people know I'm very interested I've even had clients call me re: problems using their newly installed stoves and gone over with a bag of well seasoned logs to see if I can help.

I have tried lots of Stoves from lots of manufacturers in this manner and none of them are a patch on mine. They either aren't as controllable, don't stay in as well, don't light as easily, the glass goes black and/or use more wood.

HI ANDREW we were thinking of a clear view around about 14kw i was told they are good stove but in the end we got a euro heat and there great thanks jon