Measles

Billhook

28 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

Schools get more funding if they’re able to put a label on kids? Also if they’ve got an excuse they don’t have to work so hard educating them🤔

Pre school too it seems as they wanted a gifted little boy of three I know assessed.

25 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I have a nephew diagnosed as autistic, the mother was over the moon about it, absolutely no effing way he was.

All grown up now, doing great, no talk of autism.

A lot of Munchausen by proxy goes unnoticed. 

• Like 4

Autism and the jab - Autism tends to start showing itself at about 18 months, the first measles jab is at 15 months, people put 2 and 2 together to fond a reason. As far as I know there is no scientific link (other half has a couple of degrees in psychology, and children being her speciality, so I'll trust her opinion over google and facebook).

More of it or less of it? I know kids who are autistic, some are so blatant that I can spot them, others not so and the 'not so' would just get through schooling and learn to adapt, lead a productive adult life - in some industries it is an asset in fact! (other half came off the phone today to a computer programmer "He is so autistic"... and that was on the phone yet his product going to make thousands). It is a spectrum - from barely noticeable to Steven can notice them too. Suspect that the increase is a lot to do with it being easier to spot at the mildest end of the spectrum.

5 hours ago, dan blocker said:

The “contains pork” excuse came out for anti covid vax as well? 

evenly some of the vaccine dos contain pork but there is an alternative but they have got it in their head so will not take it  

13 hours ago, peds said:

There have always been people on the spectrum, there have always been bendy genders (of most observed species), there have always been albinos, there have always been lefties; all in roughly the same proportion of the population since humans became humans. 

Allergies, though. Loads more of those around. 

You leave us lefties out of it!   when they studied flint tools they found it was nearly 50/50 left and right handed.  Only when the Romans and other war like people started to call us sinister just because we would not obey orders or follow the crowd!

• Like 3

As a leftie, both politically and dexterously, I always try to shoehorn my own sinister agenda in wherever possible. 

Leftiness has been repeatedly observed in squirrels (handedness, of course... we all know that squirrels are famously fascistic in their political views), who reliably use one hand for picking up nuts and the other to manipulate it, every time. I wonder what percentage split of the population would be.

So that's an interesting question about the flint tools, at what point in our history did the 50/50 split start to unbalance... was there any significant degree of physical persecution to the extent that the lefty gene became more rare, or was it mostly just social pressures that swayed the scale. It's only in the last few decades that leftiness has become tolerated in schools, I'm sure some of the more distinguished members of the congregation will have memories of their left hand being tied behind their back at school, or maybe even a lick of the cane...

Being left-handed, I found it tricky enough to get to grips with using a chainsaw at first. Solved that problem by just putting the chain on backwards. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 8