Measles

Billhook

Seems to be a lot of talk about it at the moment and the reluctance of people taking the jab 

I am three score years and ten now and when I was young instead of jabs we were sent to children’s parties and caught most diseases like mumps, German measles and chickenpox when we were about six or seven years old .  Unfortunately I never caught measles at that age but succumbed at the age of twenty with a very high temperature and much discomfort. Luckily I was very strong and fit so no lasting effects but I would caution those with children to have the vaccinated.  It is a shame but understandable that people have lost their trust in vaccines due to the Covid jab, but i would feel much more confident with a well tested vaccine 

My father took this photo of me!

image.thumb.jpeg.796a8df624bf8f6865b822ebfe8e5f6d.jpeg

Edited by Billhook
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

It's not the COVID jab that caused a big down turn, it was that disgraced MMR fella in 1998.

Which was shown to be flawed, yet the NHS didn't check the records afterwards whilst most of the kids were still in secondary/college education and those people are now having kids without herd immunity.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think that was more chicken pox wasn't it ?.

I'm 41, so regardless of the news I had all the childhood jabs.

My parents and grand parents knew the importance, bit like the polio jab. They all remember the bad including the deaths, so it was a easy decision, possible death or making me a bit slow (jury's out on that).

The MMR was linked with autism.

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It was linked to autism by people who were wrong.

Were they though?

Somethings causing the massive increase in autism, id sure like to know what it is. Seems every other kid is autistic these days. Is it a wonder people are sceptical and looking for answers? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Were they though?

Somethings causing the massive increase in autism, id sure like to know what it is. Seems every other kid is autistic these days. Is it a wonder people are sceptical and looking for answers? 

They always were Steve, they just weren’t diagnosed. I went to school with autistic kids, we called them weird or whatever.

Now they have a name that’s all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

They always were Steve, they just weren’t diagnosed. I went to school with autistic kids, we called them weird or whatever.

Now they have a name that’s all. 

Nah sorry I disagree. Yes there were some at school, not in the numbers there are now though 

• Like 1