Measles

Billhook

3 hours ago, peds said:

As a leftie, both politically and dexterously, I always try to shoehorn my own sinister agenda in wherever possible. 

Leftiness has been repeatedly observed in squirrels (handedness, of course... we all know that squirrels are famously fascistic in their political views), who reliably use one hand for picking up nuts and the other to manipulate it, every time. I wonder what percentage split of the population would be.

So that's an interesting question about the flint tools, at what point in our history did the 50/50 split start to unbalance... was there any significant degree of physical persecution to the extent that the lefty gene became more rare, or was it mostly just social pressures that swayed the scale. It's only in the last few decades that leftiness has become tolerated in schools, I'm sure some of the more distinguished members of the congregation will have memories of their left hand being tied behind their back at school, or maybe even a lick of the cane...

Being left-handed, I found it tricky enough to get to grips with using a chainsaw at first. Solved that problem by just putting the chain on backwards. 👍

In a huge generalisation if you are in a crowd and shout out “Everyone here, follow me out the door “ most right handed people will just follow whereas a lot of left handers will say “hang on a minute why?”

All through history as soon as armies were formed you needed conformity of weapons, bows and swords and shields had to be right handed and you could not have an ordered line of troops standing to attention with Peds and Billhook poking our neighbours eyes out with our weapons.  Same goes for muskets and rifles all right  handed.  
The way we write from left to right, the way pens are made

And so left handed children were forced to be right handed which caused a lot of stammering which I do not hear these days

in more violent times people were put to death or burnt at the stake for being witches.

Even today half the world condemn the left hand to wipe the bum and not bring food to the mouth or shake another’s hand

So we are where we are because of war I think

What has all this to do with measles!!!

Edited by Billhook
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Nah sorry I disagree. Yes there were some at school, not in the numbers there are now though 

Well, you are wrong... A person is BORN with autism, which is well before you have the MMR

Autism is an organically verifiable malformation of the brain, in other words, it is a PHYSICAL thing, nothing to do with what happens after you are born.

Most of the rubbish about autism out there is either written by halfwits, or idiot parents in denial.

If you want to know why it seemed like that there were not so many years ago, wel i can tell you that easily, as Mick said, either they were not diagnosed, or, as i am saying, they were, but were shut away in a large hospital out of sight..

The other thing that skews things, is that in about the late 1990's, for some reason it became "trendy" to have it, and as such, you then had loads of self diagnosed idiots turning up out there. Back then though, it was often known as the far less trendy sounding "psychosis of childhood" Not so many people wanted to label themselves as psychotic..

Have a look at the two pages i have shown below and look at the dates...

john

PAGE1.jpg

PAGE2.jpg

Edited by john87
Added a bit and punctuation!

16 hours ago, AHPP said:

Steve and Mick,

They get more dole if they're autistic. That's why more people get paperwork saying they're autistic. 

Well that is complete bollocks as the very first thing the DWP would want to see is a formal written diagnosis by an NHS consultant psychiatrist and you will not tell one of them what to think..

john..

When we were kids if you displayed some of the autistic, ADHD, etc, behaviours you would get the belt or the back of someones hand. Kids soon learn to adapt and fit in to avoid pain. Not saying it was in any way a good thing.

We live in a much more caring tolerant world today, this allows people to live less conservative, confirmative lives. We see this everywhere in so many ways. Children with SEN is just one of them. IMO

The doctor who calmed a link between the MMR jab and autism was making money from the single jabs so wanted the MMR discredited.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, john87 said:

Well that is complete bollocks as the very first thing the DWP would want to see is a formal written diagnosis by an NHS consultant psychiatrist and you will not tell one of them what to think..

john..

Government workers will tick whichever box generates them more busywork and job security.

"He's just naughty. Go away and give him the belt more often." generates little future work.

"He's got a list of eponymous psychiatric conditions as long as my arm. You'll need these pills and four consultations a year." yields a long career of writing and talking about badly behaved but not especially mental children.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Government workers will tick whichever box generates them more busywork and job security.

"He's just naughty. Go away and give him the belt more often." generates little future work.

"He's got a list of eponymous psychiatric conditions as long as my arm. You'll need these pills and four consultations a year." yields a long career of writing and talking about badly behaved but not especially mental children.

I'd love to see a proposal for a blind trial.

One group on the pills, the other corrected old school style.

I'm not sure we can write flogged on government paperwork without sounding like an episode of Sharpe.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I think you will find that professionals come under HUGE pressure NOT to diagose people, as to do so, invariably leads to their department having to spend money they have not got.. [Money they would nuch rather keep to use to pay their own wages..]

Same with DWP, plus the staff geting bonuses for disallowing claims..