Emails blocked..

john87

Gmail is a web based mail system.

You just need Internet access or a smart phone with connectivity.

Gmail has nothing to do with you old Virgin account.

Virgin just might be one of the ways you would use to connect to the Internet.

• Like 1

My brother had similar with Virgin. They did some sort of merge update and his email was mistakenly merged with some other random bloke in Australia I believe . He couldn't get anywhere with Virgin who seemed powerless/reluctant to resolve the issue so closed the account, went with BT and halved his bill by not having Virgin supply his TV...it was no more than Freeview anyway so purchased a Humax PVR so Virgin can jog on!!

My advice to him was to use Gmail as his phone uses Android and once you have tied your Lappy/Tablet and phone together on android, it works pretty well.

I used gmail for my business and it worked pretty well with no issues, emails can be picked up on a mobile or computer/tablet and anywhere you may go.

As Rich said, if you have a mobile or any form of internet connection (yours or others), Gmail will work. One good thing is you can change your internet supplier every day and your Gmail account will still work as it isn't reliant on your ISP.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I think 1st call would be logging into the old Hotmail account you've used as a backup, they've probably sent a email verification thing.

I did that, and it let me in to their site, but would not let me see the emails.. I am wondering if i should buy one of them domain things as suggested.. Only thing that worried me is that i was told that some "big users" what ever they are, will block things from domains they have not heard of... I know the NHS used to block hotmail [i was told by the staff yesterday]

john..

John, just f Virgin off and go with someone else.

I hate BT, they’re all money-grabbing scum, but went with them because they own the network and can’t bleat when things go wrong.

You’re not tied to Virgin, you’re not a slave.

Ring BT, explain your situation, and they will sort it.

It will be cheaper as well.

Regarding email, just switch to gmail or hotmail, both free.

You’re not old, you’re just acting old.

• Like 2