Emails blocked..

john87

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Think you'll find most email software on computers has moved entirely to the cloud.

If you're using it for business you can pay for additional storage or buy office professional.

I do not understand all that cloud nonsense. i do know that last time i bought a computer they were on about that and i could have whatever size it was. I told them i needed ten times that size and it was well expensive, why would i want to pay to put my stuff on other peoples hard drive when i have my own??

I "think" the idea is you can access you stuff from anywhere?? But that is pointless for me as i do not even have a mobile telephone, just my computer here in the house..

john..

• Like 1

Put simply, it's in the cloud so they can earn a living as people pay a small subscription.

Buying a new computer every 10 years and using free software like thunderbird isn't exactly going to keep the lights on.

Even accounting software is pay monthly, most accounts software has been cloud only for atleast 5 years.

Even OneDrive comes free with Hotmail and 5gb.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Put simply, it's in the cloud so they can earn a living as people pay a small subscription.

Buying a new computer every 10 years and using free software like thunderbird isn't exactly going to keep the lights on.

Even accounting software is pay monthly, most accounts software has been cloud only for atleast 5 years.

Even OneDrive comes free with Hotmail and 5gb.

All that stuff is beyond me, I do not even know what "onedrive" is. I see what you say about buying a computer every ten years, but why would i care. I guess you bought a chainsaw in preference to hireing one?? Same thing.

What pisses me off, is that Virgin is VERY expensive for what it is [i mean hugely] but they think they can just decide not to do emails anymore. Is that not breach of contract?? I must be potty having them. Broadband only, no telephone, no telly, no whatever other shit people have these days, just the broadband for £67 a month..

john..

4 hours ago, john87 said:

All that stuff is beyond me, I do not even know what "onedrive" is. I see what you say about buying a computer every ten years, but why would i care. I guess you bought a chainsaw in preference to hireing one?? Same thing.

What pisses me off, is that Virgin is VERY expensive for what it is [i mean hugely] but they think they can just decide not to do emails anymore. Is that not breach of contract?? I must be potty having them. Broadband only, no telephone, no telly, no whatever other shit people have these days, just the broadband for £67 a month..

john..

I use Mail.com and have for 20 years plus . I use Firefox  but there are other browsers on the pc . It all goes through Sky fiber broadband .

• Like 1

At £67, you're paying for stuff your obviously not using or refuse to use.

Most internet only deals are less than £40, post office include it for £18 on their cheap and slowest product.

For reference, sky use yahoo for email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarethM said:

At £67, you're paying for stuff your obviously not using or refuse to use.

Most internet only deals are less than £40, post office include it for £18 on their cheap and slowest product.

For reference, sky use yahoo for email.

No, that is the broadband only price. It is less if you have televisoons and stuff, presumably as they then get bribes from somewhere.

I have been with them for about 20 years, so, much like car insurance, they take the piss..

I should get a proper telephone wire connected up and get someone else as with their cable thing, apparently you are stuck with them??

john..