Emails blocked..

john87

Hi all,

Given that Virgin have started randomly blocking email accounts without any warning [ask me how i know] what are you all using for emails??

I want something that will work with thunderbird as that is what i am set up with and it would be trully horrendous to try to change.

What do you all use?? I asked in the hospital where i used to work today as was told that at one time the NHS systems would block hotmail. I have no idea though..

What should i do??

Has anyone else had this??

john..

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

He said to ask him. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

I’d guess if you normally get x amount of emails each day and they aren’t received you’d know something is wrong, or perhaps, get someone you know and trust to email you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, john87 said:

Hi all,

Given that Virgin have started randomly blocking email accounts without any warning [ask me how i know] what are you all using for emails??

I want something that will work with thunderbird as that is what i am set up with and it would be trully horrendous to try to change.

What do you all use?? I asked in the hospital where i used to work today as was told that at one time the NHS systems would block hotmail. I have no idea though..

What should i do??

Has anyone else had this??

john..

Gmail for me. Been using it for years, no complaints whatsoever. Apparently it works with Thunderbird, "seamlessly".

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

How do you know? 

They did it to me yesterday.. You go to use your emaial only to find that you cannot sign in. You get a message saying that your email is blocked or unavailable. This means that you CANNOT sign in..

You then end up with a page with a thing that FORCES you to give them some other email address. Of course, they do not tell you at the time, but you then find that they have deleted your original email address..

Virgin have had FOUR goes at sorting this today, but have given up and say they have reported it as a fault..

It is not though. I cannot find their page to show you as it is so terrible to navigate it all, but if you have a virgin or NTL or whatever else they called themselves over the years, you will not have it for long..

john..

30 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I’d guess if you normally get x amount of emails each day and they aren’t received you’d know something is wrong, or perhaps, get someone you know and trust to email you.

It is "Blocked or unavailable" a full page thing pops up when you try to sing in. Now it will not even let me get that far..

john..