Emails blocked..

john87

2 hours ago, rapalaman said:

I’ve too been with virgin since it was telewest. Use Hotmail without a hitch. I’m not familiar with thunderbird? 

Back when i had windows 3.1 and then there was a later one "XP" it came with its own email thingy programme whatever. Anyway, when i had to get windows 8.1 it did not had an email thingy unless you bought an operating system for about £300 i think it was [then it came with outlook]

Thunderbid was the nearest thing to that..

john..

Just now, GarethM said:

There website said M125 Fibre Broadband is £26.50, that's no TV just broadband.

It is all bullshit though. It might be for new customers, then they keep on increasing the speed so you end up on superfast stuff. In fairness the price does not go up all the time..

It does seem to be very reliable, but when it does go wrong you have BIG troubles.

One time it was off for weeks. They kept on saying that thre was a fault in my area. I told them it was not as my sisters house, not 100 yards away was working fine. After some weeks they came and had a look and it was where my bit of wire connected in thier box thing in the street about 75 yards away. They had to pay me compsation under ofcom rules. They did NOT like that..

john

3 hours ago, sime42 said:

Just realised - we're with Virgin for BB and TV as well, but I've never thought to use their email service, always had Gmail and it's free anyway. I also use Firefox as a browser.

Yes, i have firefox too!

125mb is faster than my super fast fibre, that's around 70mb.

Don't be fooled by all this extra speed BS, unless you're 24/7 online gaming and posting cringe to tick tock the basic is fine. They're just upselling you something you don't need at £70

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GarethM said:

125mb is faster than my super fast fibre, that's around 70mb.

Don't be fooled by all this extra speed BS, unless you're 24/7 online gaming and posting cringe to tick tock the basic is fine. They're just upselling you something you don't need at £70

I am up to 200 something or others now.. I never wanted or asked for it, they just did it..

john..

40 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Right, back to the original problem.

1. You're Hotmail isn't downloading in thunderbird?.

2. Is thunderbird updated, check it's version 115.6.0

3. Can you log into hotmail via outlook.com ?

Got to go to the hospital in a second, i will explain it all when i get back.

Thanks ever so much for helping.

john..

6 hours ago, GarethM said:

Right, back to the original problem.

1. You're Hotmail isn't downloading in thunderbird?.

2. Is thunderbird updated, check it's version 115.6.0

3. Can you log into hotmail via outlook.com ?

1, Ok, back many many years ago i had a 486 computer on win 3.1 and the ISP was compuserve [who went bust i think] Someone set me up with hotmail that i thought was shit and never used.

2, Next thing with a newer computer i had win XP pro and NTL cable [who got bought out by virgin] Win XP pro had Microsoft outlook on it as an email program on it and someone got it to work with NTL for me.

3, Later i got a new computer on win 8.1 This did not have outlook, so someone said that thunderbird was very close so i downloaded that and with help got the virgin thing going again.

4, I had my own john.lewis etc etc email address and later managed to set one up for my mum too. Virgin refer to this as a secondary account. This secondary account has a different email address pat ramage etc etc and a separate password too.

6, Now this is important.. to log into the virgin site AT ALL, not just to see your email, to get in at ALL, you get to a login screen, it asks you to pick an email address, asks you the password for that address and you are in. THEN once in, you can check you emails if you want.

5, A few days ago, my email abruptly stopped working. I try investigating and when tried to sign into the virgin thing, that was a page full of stuff saying that my email address had been "blocked or was unavailable"

6, I got to a screen that said some shit about you had to have a NEW email address to sign in, one that was NOT a virgin one. There were pages of other instructions that i did not understand really, but i followed them as best i could and gave them the old hotmail address.

7, I tried to sign in then, only to find that my ORIGINAL primary virgin email address was missing from the list you have to pic one out of.. Great, they had deleted my primary email address.

8, I went on their chat thing and got the primary email address reinstated to the list, AND they reset the password and told me to wait a few hours and it would work again, only it did not..

9, I went through this 4 times with them, with them giving me 4 new passwords, but it will still not work.

10, So i can sign into their site and access my mums email easily [the so called secondary account] but the primary one, appears to have gone

I did find this, but do not understand it at all.. IF i had gmail or whatever, how does signing into that, go to look for my virgin emails anyway, and secondly seeing that the virgin address seems to have been blocked, there will be nothing there for it to find??

Seems to me like royal mail saying YES we will still deliver your mail, BUT, we will keep it at the sorting office and you will have to send DPD to come and get it for you, oh, yes, and we have ripped the labels off too and hidden your stuff..

I do not know where to start with any of this..

2009990030_STUIPIDRULES.thumb.jpg.780ec009883d52d1584cfaba2dd4a020.jpg