Staff issues

simonm

I agree Mr Johnson, rules is rules. Let's not complain when our NHS, Roads, blah, blah go to sh1te mind.

Mrs Egg had an operation a few weeks ago, luckily we could afford to pay for it and get it over and done with in short time. Feck the rest of 'em.

Can we take it from that that you don't claim all your allowances?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a year of staff issues i am debating if its better to take someone on with tickets or start somebody from scratch!

I have had groundsmen with a few tickets that have come and being a pile of shite, turn up late, wreck tackle, cant be arsed doing the job right, seem to be no good ones around here despite offering decent pay.

Had lads that have never touched a tree before that start off alright then after a month don't wanna carry on as its hard work!

Tried self employed and its just not cost effective to use them all the time + you can never drop on when you need them.

Would be nice to get a climber in that i can send out with groundsman but as we do domestic tree work & commercial + all the **** jobs in between ie hedge cutting folk just are not interested, i can no longer be on site, out quoting + doing all the other important stuff, don't wanna keep investing time in people that don't wanna graft!

It would seem your looking for a team leader or part time team leader when your off site quoting or whatever.

Wage wise is dependant on your geographical position in the UK.Workers down south earn more than up north seems to be the norm as far as i can deduce.

Up here in central Scotland i can get 120 a day climbing with my own gear,im not the fastest but i take pride in my job,im diligent,i prioritise safety and i like to have a laugh with the guys and get the job done.

Another big part of the job is the ability too deal with the client who -lets be honest-can sometimes be a major pita.

If this is what your looking for then it will take time and patience to find the right individual.

As mentioned before go on the social media arb sites and look for people who are passionate about arb work as those are the keepers.

Unfortunatly for you these types of employees are in long term employment and well paid because of there work ethic and loyalty.

Good luck finding the right employee mate

I must be lucky over and over. The guys I have helping me are all top drawer. Some very different characters for sure, but all equally awesome in their own way. I have read the 1 Minute Manager, but I wouldn't exactly say I have much in the way of people skills. I'm pretty confident I pay more than anyone else in my area and I'm pretty confident I have all the best workers available. I think the two are connected, up to a point.

Pants:confused1:

Joking aside paying a bit more does generally get you the better of what's available but that only works out if the contract prices can stand it.

Bob

I agree Mr Johnson, rules is rules. Let's not complain when our NHS, Roads, blah, blah go to sh1te mind.

Mrs Egg had an operation a few weeks ago, luckily we could afford to pay for it and get it over and done with in short time. Feck the rest of 'em.

Public sector goes to shite not for lack of funding, but rather for lack of ownership, responsibility, accountability and general P poor management. If everyone in the public sector treated the money / time / resources they expend as if it was their own, or their own business, we'd all be flush with tax rebates and a first class infrastructure.

Pouring more money in is a shallow and ineffective attempt to treat a symptom whilst refusing to acknowledge the cause.

I'm guessing you will recognise, acknowledge and possibly even share some of that frustration given yr previous experience Mr E.

It's not a political observation, even though the 2 main parties seem to have polarised views on the solution with the left wanting to pour money on the problems and the right wanting to pull up on the reins. I don't believe either option, in isolation, is an adequate solution.

The level of taxation in this country really (really) grates my gears.

The rules / allowances for tax are unbelievably complex. If there is a concession available it has been "designed in" at some stage so as to encourage growth, recompense a deficiency or recognise a particular factor. Making use of those concessions, where they exist isn't wrong, it's what they are for.

You're not going to tell me you write to HMRC and ask them to lower your tax code are you?

Regards to Mrs E and hoping all well for a speedy convalescence.

Public sector goes to shite not for lack of funding, but rather for lack of ownership, responsibility, accountability and general P poor management. If everyone in the public sector treated the money / time / resources they expend as if it was their own, or their own business, we'd all be flush with tax rebates and a first class infrastructure.

Pouring more money in is a shallow and ineffective attempt to treat a symptom whilst refusing to acknowledge the cause.

I'm guessing you will recognise, acknowledge and possibly even share some of that frustration given yr previous experience Mr E.

It's not a political observation, even though the 2 main parties seem to have polarised views on the solution with the left wanting to pour money on the problems and the right wanting to pull up on the reins. I don't believe either option, in isolation, is an adequate solution.

The rules / allowances for tax are unbelievably complex. If there is a concession available it has been "designed in" at some stage so as to encourage growth, recompense a deficiency or recognise a particular factor. Making use of those concessions, where they exist isn't wrong, it's what they are for.

You're not going to tell me you write to HMRC and ask them to lower your tax code are you?

How do we change it Mr Johnson?

I tried changing it through Trade Unionism when I worked for the Utilities. It didn't work!

I wanted a better deal for the workers and the company, they can go hand in hand.

How do things change when folk, management and staff know no other way?

Mrs Egg works in Utillites, and has worked bloody hard to get where she is today, yet she works with dicks that really haven't got a clue....... All drawing good tut.

Thanks for your regarads, I will pass them on.

Nearly missed a bit..... No I don't write to HMRC to ask them if they would like some more of my money.

Edited by eggsarascal

How do we change it Mr Johnson?

I tried changing it through Trade Unionism when I worked for the Utilities. It didn't work!

I wanted a better deal for the workers and the company, they can go hand in hand.

How do things change when folk, management and staff know no other way?

Mrs Egg works in Utillites, and has worked bloody hard to get where she is today, yet she works with dicks that really haven't got a clue....... All drawing good tut.

Thanks for your regarads, I will pass them on.

^^Arbtalk at its best!

Can we take it from that that you don't claim all your allowances?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No. What you can take from that is We've worked hard all our life's, and never claimed a Penny in benefits or child allowance or the likes. Most of the time being PAYE. Now I claim what is due to me.

I really don't get where you are coming from sometimes Richard.

Oh, hang on......