Staff issues

simonm

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a lot of work we're my tax is deductible by the company I do work for it's a good idea come the year end nearly all my tax is paid and I usually get a refund plus my accountant is paid with the tax refund so CIS suits me to a tree pardon the pun

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I was under the impression that we all paid the same tax, 20%. Of course a SE person can claim back work related expenses, which wouldn't be incurred as PAYE.

Unless you mean NI contributions being lower. As I understand out that's to cover lack of SSP etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Income tax is the same Joe,

Employers of full time employees are required to pay pension contributions, National insurance contributions on behalf of the employee + all the other hassle of employing full time regarding sickpay, holidays, maternity etc. Employees cost a business about 20% more than their salary. Self employed cost exactly whats written on the invoice.

Income tax is the same whether employed, self employed, director.

Edit, forgot to say. You will pay 0 national insurance if you are the director of a LTD company. But accountancy fees will go up. Something to consider.

Incorrect.

Everyone has to pay NI.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Not sure thats totally true.

Most directors will take a minimum salary, below the income tax threshold but will require a small NI payment. This entities them to the state benefits that NI provides. The remained of their income will be in the form of dividends.

I guess you could just take your income in dividends and pay no NI, but that would be pretty foolish, IMO.

PS, I'm no tax expert, but I'm pretty sure this is correct:001_smile:

Exactly, I have spoke to numerous people who genuinely think they should be on £120 a day on paye dragging brash!

Wages are more than fair and I emphasise thst the more they prove their worth the more they get paid.

They seem to think that no matter what they do they will automatically be on top whack!

The culture of the young. It's took me 10 years to get good at what I do for These lads 3 yrs at college to demand what I get with no clue or proven track record.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

I spoke to a 39 yr old yesterday who claimed to have 7 yr experience ability to tow, cs30 31 only, he asked what pay would be I thought as he is a bit older probably with better worth ethic I said around £10 an hour on paye, job and knock 5 weeks paid hol & bank hols. Not enough I was told! 20k a year for quals he had is surely a fair price? Its slowly grinding me down to the point that I dont wanna do the job.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Arbtalk mobile app

I know climbers that are only on 10 quid an hour. Not for a groundsman no way. 75 -85 a day if they are decent and can drive fell tow use the lowering ropes ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app