Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

• 1 month later...

One tool I cant be without is this little torch. It uses an AAA battery, is super bright, has a magnetic base plus a crocodile clip for plastic/non steel mounting and a flexible end so it can get down in to engine bays or any small gap.

What do I use it for.....the head will fit down a spark plug hole so bore inspection, checking out the port timing when porting, inspection of anything that isn't well lit - must use it 20 times a day - chopped the end of with a bloody hedge trimmer a few weeks ago and got another.

They are well made and far better than the £5 toot available and well worth £12!

597672836b0c7_5762A202-500x500.jpg.1fadadd1e1a1607920c744382ce5932a.jpg

Victorinox Spirit plier multitool - Most useful thing all round I've ever bought. The weatherman style tools were great when they were invented, and some of the real lethermans are good, but really this tool beats everything out there by a wide margin. Its built like a surgical instrument...wouldnt surprise me to learn that its been used as a surgical instrument!

These things are amongst the crappiest tools I've ever used, try using the screwdriver, put a bit of pressure on it and it folds back in , usually taking a bit of skin off your fingers!

Yes, use it if you're desperate, otherwise, bin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Forgot to say....manufactured by Coast - A USA Co!

I'm a big fan of Coast torches and have several, I've not yet found another torch brand as good.

I had one Coast rechargeable torch develop a small amount of condensation in the lense area recently after use in very, very wet weather, and Coast replaced it entirely FOC under warranty.

These things are amongst the crappiest tools I've ever used, try using the screwdriver, put a bit of pressure on it and it folds back in , usually taking a bit of skin off your fingers!

Yes, use it if you're desperate, otherwise, bin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Operator error.