Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

Makita 18v brushless grinder, 18 v makita radio, 18v makita USB adapter that lets you use your drill battery as a phone charger, 18v makita brushless Impact wrench, fiskars x21 axe- brilliant for everything except the heavie splitting-, led lender p3 tiny torch on a belt pouch and a mora clipper sheath knife(fits perfectly in the ruler pocket of my work trousers and ok in my wedge pocket of my chainsaw trousers). I use most of this lot every day, working or not!

Oh and bahco adjustables, obviously

• 2 weeks later...

Quicksteel fast setting epoxy.

I broke down in my 7,5t the other day, 1am, single track Road, broken fuel pipe...

Managed to start it in gear to let traffic past if needed and went to sleep.

Next morn, walked 3 miles to a big motor factors, then 3 miles back with no parts...

Option a: call a taxi, travel 20 miles to main town, maybe find a part etc... Wallet Not quite sure of that...

Option b: glue it together and see what happens, option a still available afterwards.

Cleaned it with brake cleaner, slapped it on, Sorted!

Drove home, bought the new part, it's in the cab, tools etc there too, travelled through three countries, now in the Netherlands, I'll put the proper Part on soon..9694fc6f2010ebc2b917cc2cac77dd1f.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

This screwdriver has been a lifesaver many times dont know what make it is but is well made, came out of obe of those catalogues of bits and bobs you get through the door, apparently they were standard issue for BT engineers, dont know if still are.23a869163ced8b485007d354cc9ccadf.jpg82467de7773fc556506f076ba8fc427d.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Teng do a decent ratchet one of those-

Produktinformation

I've been saved by cheapo forceps many a time, great for starting off small nuts, pulling hoses and fishing out wire ends and dropped screws.

Kelly_Forceps_4b5df05c231f3.jpg

• Like 1

I've been saved by cheapo forceps many a time, great for starting off small nuts, pulling hoses and fishing out wire ends and dropped screws.

Kelly_Forceps_4b5df05c231f3.jpg

I can see those being handy for fishing out fuel filters in chainsaws :thumbup1:

I bought a cheapy 3/8 drive shallow/deep socket set made by bergen to throw in the truck about a year ago, no sizes missing and its both metric/AF. Its poked up with in the field abuse , missing a breaker bar and a wobble drive but other than than all good.

BERGEN 3 8 Socket Set Metric & AF Shallow & Deep Sockets 50 Piece B1084

image_zps0u7jed0l.jpg

I can see those being handy for fishing out fuel filters in chainsaws :thumbup1:

I bought a cheapy 3/8 drive shallow/deep socket set made by bergen to throw in the truck about a year ago, no sizes missing and its both metric/AF. Its poked up with in the field abuse , missing a breaker bar and a wobble drive but other than than all good.

BERGEN 3 8 Socket Set Metric & AF Shallow & Deep Sockets 50 Piece B1084

image_zps0u7jed0l.jpg

Bob, you didn't need any of those sockets. You just bought it cos it's blue!

Lol!

Quicksteel fast setting epoxy.

I broke down in my 7,5t the other day, 1am, single track Road, broken fuel pipe...

Managed to start it in gear to let traffic past if needed and went to sleep.

Next morn, walked 3 miles to a big motor factors, then 3 miles back with no parts...

Option a: call a taxi, travel 20 miles to main town, maybe find a part etc... Wallet Not quite sure of that...

Option b: glue it together and see what happens, option a still available afterwards.

Cleaned it with brake cleaner, slapped it on, Sorted!

Drove home, bought the new part, it's in the cab, tools etc there too, travelled through three countries, now in the Netherlands, I'll put the proper Part on soon..9694fc6f2010ebc2b917cc2cac77dd1f.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Glad it got you there !