Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

After struggling with my halfords socket set, I gave my dad a bell to seek advice (NCB fitter for thirty odd years). Half hour later he arrived at the yard with an old 105 shell tin chock full of 3/4 drive sockets, ratchets breaker bars and adaptors most stamped west Germany. But the true gem was a six foot scaffold pole! With those sockets and scaffold bar I can strip even the coarsest threaded and biggest bolts with ease!

Going to steel that idea and use the big welding magnet iv got.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

I use magnets from old computer hard drives, they have unbelievable power.

I have several screwed to to a piece of batton which is fixed to a longer handle forming a "T" so it can de dragged along the ground in comfort.

On the subject of magnets this cheapy torch magnet has proved really useful , the telescopic magnet is on a short flex gadget so can go around corners.

Made by laser tools Laser 4589 6 Led Flashlight & Magnetic Pick Up Tool Really Useful | eBay

image_zps6jdox5my.jpg

image_zpsom71mbnq.jpg

And these chain grab hooks are also a gem for making up short bits of useable chain from odd bits. They come in different sizes so worth checking you chain link diameters.

BUY 4 Drop Forged 5/16" Grab Hooks with Clevis Pin for Chains

image_zpsbjs1nhhx.jpg

image_zpseycu385h.jpg