Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

On 20/02/2018 at 20:36, difflock said:

I would support the Universal Benefit scheme, with ONE proviso, each person, regardless of gender, ( & in todays gender-equal society, how else could it be), gets the set mandatory payment,

ZERO extras,

no matter how many times one chooses to get knocked up.

And make it say somewhere between 50 and 75 % of the "working mans" average wage, i.e. strip out the high earners who may distort the figures.

Perhaps there would then be fewer babies bred purely for the ensuing benefits.

Simples

Edit,

As an 8 stone waif, I shot both the SLR and the .303,

but I  was never aware of any recoil or kick,

despite dispatching the middle hundreds of rounds over a Sat/Sun.

Just a nice chipped area on the bottom left of my right spectacle lens, & they were glass lenses too.

But I never broke a lens.

Houl her tight, an she cany bite!

Again

Simples!

Glad you didnt get yr hands on the SA80 then :P K

On 20 February 2018 at 20:36, difflock said:

As an 8 stone waif, I shot both the SLR and the .303,

but I  was never aware of any recoil or kick,

despite dispatching the middle hundreds of rounds over a Sat/Sun.

Just a nice chipped area on the bottom left of my right spectacle lens, & they were glass lenses too.

But I never broke a lens.

Houl her tight, an she cany bite!

Again

Simples!

Lol, my shotgun is a "super magnum". It can fire a 3.5 inch cartridge... It's like getting kicked in the shoulder...

20 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Arm teachers in the USA - Discuss! :bluboomteamenforcer

Bad idea I feel . There will be  idiots out there who will take that as a challenge and try and start a fire fight with teachers . Also there may be the odd teacher who has an itchy trigger finger then all is lost .  Just me .

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Bad idea I feel . There will be  idiots out there who will take that as a challenge and try and start a fire fight with teachers . Also there may be the odd teacher who has an itchy trigger finger then all is lost .  Just me .

When I was at school some of the teachers were psycho enough with a board rubber, let alone a gun. :ahhhhh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Glad you didnt get yr hands on the SA80 then :P K

Unfortunately I did, an "early model" so to speak, i.e. the proper pile o dung they were before being fetteled by H & K.

My particular issue was, and clearly to the naked eye, proper bent, where the barrel met the action.

Though the Training Major's hand picked(and probably Armourer fetteled) and thereafter cosseted, model was certainly accurate, he showed off by standing freehand & consistently knocking over Fig. 11 targets at 300m on the ETR.

Me, when I naturally lined my issued SA80 up with my target, the barrel was pointing several frames over! (OK so I eggagerate, but a little only) 

mth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Bad idea I feel . There will be  idiots out there who will take that as a challenge and try and start a fire fight with teachers . 

Surely a student like that is a high risk to everyone anyway? That’s like saying disarm their police in case a nutcase feels challenged into a gunfight.

I can’t decide if it’s a good or bad idea, but something needs to be done. Apparently there’s several states where state law allows concealed carry in schools, but I haven’t seen any statistics indicating that that is beneficial or not.