Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

45 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

If the people of Greece hated the EU as much as you imply, then why don't they want to leave?...

As to the measure of me, I don't think so.. if I'm wrong I'll quickly admit it.. if on the other hand we're talking opinions, mines as good as anyone else's.. though on matters I have researched mine carries more weight.. 

Unless that is you've researched a subject as much as myself, then its up for debate who has the better argument..... usually its me though, well, mostly always to be honest..

Your arrogance is astounding, your also an oxymoron in the sense your willing to learn yet your against learning from people on here, or maybe your leaning on your arragonce to the fact you think your above people on here as well as over half of the numpties in the uk. 

3 hours ago, john p said:

The thing is with his start in life, connections, education, old boys network etc you can be thick as emoji200.pngemoji90.pngand still reach the top, he was 3/4 of the way there at birth.

Mmmm... you’re probably right John.

But to discriminate, criticise, condem someone for the circumstances of their birth could be thought of as a disgraceful act of racial prejudice.....

Unless they happen to be white, male, middle aged and from a ‘priviledged’ back ground - then the people that appear to be so agitated about such issues of ‘equality’ seem to forget their sensibilities. 

Just an observation, not saying Boris isn’t a liability, just that ‘hate’ has many faces....

• Like 4

Mmmm... you’re probably right John.

But to discriminate, criticise, condem someone for the circumstances of their birth could be thought of as a disgraceful act of racial prejudice.....

Unless they happen to be white, male, middle aged and from a ‘priviledged’ back ground - then the people that appear to be so agitated about such issues of ‘equality’ seem to forget their sensibilities. 

Just an observation, not saying Boris isn’t a liability, just that ‘hate’ has many faces....

I'm not criticising per se, just saying that being clever is not necessarily a pre requisite for getting a long way in politics! Mr Johnson is no fool, but I doubt he'd be foreign secretary without the start in life he has had. I'm trying not to sound chippy or class war but it's just the way I see it.
  • Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 21:45, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Hang on there....

What happened to: 

"...We've all been sat in the middle of the dead tops looking 20' to each side at the regrowth wanting to plunge a topper into our heart and end it all...."

Have you been going out the house all kitted up, spent the day in the pub, then grabbed some random hedgerow greenery to stuff down your shirt before you get home......???  

.................damn......why did I ever not think of that ... ;) K

36 minutes ago, john p said:

I'm not criticising per se, just saying that being clever is not necessarily a pre requisite for getting a long way in politics! Mr Johnson is no fool, but I doubt he'd be foreign secretary without the start in life he has had. I'm trying not to sound chippy or class war but it's just the way I see it.

I’m on the same page I think John. Certainly not in disagreement!  Not that you did, but I do get frustrated with the inequality of the equality argument. :thumbup1:

• Like 1

A lot of the Bremoaners went on about the Human Rights that the EU gave us. Spain is in the EU. Here is a photograph of the Spanish riot police dispensing some "Human Rights" in Catalonia. 

Where exactly is the EU when the Spanish state is firing rubber bullets at peaceful crowds?

image.jpg