Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Or perhaps unlike some, Matelot has looked at the evidence and found reason to be worried..

I certainly had an Epiphany in regards immigration..  I used to think it was a good idea, but over the years, by inches its dawned on me that maybe immigrants from certain cultures should be kept out.. well, their numbers kept low anyways..

But thats not even my main concern, my main concern is our falling population. Is it a good idea have a smaller population or not?..

I think it is on balance, but some think not, thus they import others to fill the gap.. its all about keeping the economy growing, and attempting to use the new migrants to pay out the costs of our older population through ever rising pension costs..

Well I saw we pay pensioners what can be afforded with what we have, even if that means less with a declining population base..

On the other hand, if its proven that we can't get by without an ever increasing population, then we should grow our population instead of importing a new population from ever rat hole in the third world..

Being concerned about immigration is not the same as being a downright racist imo.

i think the borders might tighter controls I just disagree that all other races of people are out to kill us and that our way of life is best.

there are plenty of white British morons about.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Being concerned about immigration is not the same as being a downright racist imo.

i think the borders might tighter controls I just disagree that all other races of people are out to kill us and that our way of life is best.

Our "way of life" is quite clearly better than in many other countries. We have a welfare state/ NHS/ an impartial justice system/ free schools etc. Have you seen the "way of life" in many parts of the world? Maybe North Korea? Saudi? Afghanistan? Somalia? If our way of life is not better than others why do so many people risk their life to get to the UK?

My concern about immigration is not really about race. It's about culture, some cultures don't really have a lot to contribute to the UK and are a long term threat to our prosperous peaceful "way of life". 

If someone built a time machine and they went back to the Viking ages would anyone here be happy with a 100,000 Vikings claiming asylum in our time? Vikings are the same race as modern day europeans, however they were a violent people that would cause havoc in modern Britain.

19 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Ive been away for a while so havent been able to check in on arbtalk for a while.

I cant believe this thread is still in the immigration/ racist debate...its going round in circles.:thumbdown:

What have been the big stories over the last few months? IMHO the big ones have been the London terror attacks, Grenfell Fire, Barcelona terrorist attacks, Newcastle grooming..... All stories with a clear "immigration" angle.

Tell you what, let's talk about a story with no immigration angle. How about the refurbishment of Big Ben? 

Anyone see see that Big Ben is not going to ring for the next 4 years? I bet a lot of tourists to London will be really disappointed.

On 23 August 2017 at 11:53, Daniël Bos said:

Yet your own religious belief is white British nationalism. Based on the delusion that Britain is great, that this great Britain has achieved things because it's People are better than others.

As a matter of interest. Do you think we should let asylum seekers into the UK? Surely by giving someone asylum we are effectively saying "your country is a bit rubbish and the UK is a better country".

I can't help thinking that the whole idea of asylum is fundamentally racist. It's not really up to us Brits to make judgements on how other cultures run their countries.

So what do you really think? Do you think British values are better than places in Africa/ ME? Or do you really think all cultures are equal and we shouldn't accept asylum seekers?

IMHO political correctness is a religion...  

Hi a change of subject.

I read this, this morning and for once I agree with Alan Tichmarsh.

TV gardener Alan Titchmarsh has hit out at a road-widening scheme that threatens a swathe of Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) woodland.
The RHS said there were two options to widen the A3 in Surrey as part of M25 improvements and one would take out a bank of trees including giant redwoods.
The scheme could see RHS Wisley lose 500 trees, including one planted by the Queen to mark her silver jubilee.

I can't see why Highway England can't use the other option.

Martyn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, matelot said:

As a matter of interest. Do you think we should let asylum seekers into the UK? Surely by giving someone asylum we are effectively saying "your country is a bit rubbish and the UK is a better country".

I can't help thinking that the whole idea of asylum is fundamentally racist. It's not really up to us Brits to make judgements on how other cultures run their countries.

So what do you really think? Do you think British values are better than places in Africa/ ME? Or do you really think all cultures are equal and we shouldn't accept asylum seekers?

IMHO political correctness is a religion...  

You are totally bonkers. Honestly, you are fanatical and when you are fanatical you are wrong.

I bet there is only one other member in here that agrees with you 100%, that surely proves how fcked up your beliefs are. You are up there with the flat earth, fake moon landings, ufo hunter, aliens among us crazy people.

• Like 1

You are totally bonkers. Honestly, you are fanatical and when you are fanatical you are wrong.

I bet there is only one other member in here that agrees with you 100%, that surely proves how fcked up your beliefs are. You are up there with the flat earth, fake moon landings, ufo hunter, aliens among us crazy people.

He's a troll, needs fed, you're feeding him.
  • Like 2