Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Chairman Corbyn now seeking resignation of PM over the issue of police cuts when she was Home Secretary.

Talk about blatant politicking.

A reduction of community police has not lead to an increase in these criminally insane acts. These idiots didn't sit around in youth clubs and on the village green talking about their plans - community policing had no penetration in these areas. It's an insignificant distraction and a disgrace. Even if it wasn't, who honestly believes C&A would enhance policing and powers?? Seriously!

People are sectioned and incarcerated under the Mental Health Act. Does anyone think the perp's of such acts as we've seen recently are sane? It's time to either (a) accept the recent events or (b) take decisive action - if someone is on the watch list for a tangible reason, or known to have engaged with ISIS overseas, they are mentally unstable, a risk to society and to themselves.

That said, I wouldn't want a penny of my tax spent on them, just drop them in the Atlantic.

Bleating about what we could or should do is unbelievably lame and lazy.

Lets see what a policeman has to say about that, shall we?

[ame]

[/ame]

Be honest, if it was a Labour government responsible for cutting police numbers by nearly 20%, you'd be falling over yourself in the rush to apportion blame.

Labour can have all the police they want but if the man at the top doesn't have a problem with people supporting Isis and going off to fight and equally doesn't think they should be shot when carrying out these attacks he may as well requisition the lollypop ladies to help with the Islamic threat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/05/jeremy-corbyn-said-isil-supporters-should-not-prosecuted-expressing/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Morning Graham.

Couldn't let this one go. There are very few passages in the Bible where God commands his people to kill and where he did it was for a very specific time and purpose. The over arching theme of the Bible is that we as flawed people (Genesis 3) should stop killing each other and instead love our neighbours as ourselves(Matt 4,5,6). Anyone who really believes that God somehow enjoys or needs us to kill on his behalf has a very distorted take on it.

It also teaches that his kingdom (heaven) is an eternal perfect place. This world is temporary and will at some point pass away, therefore we don't need to conquer, spread his rule and law by coercion or violence (which is what Islam teaches)

My point is that all religions don't teach the same thing and lumping them all together shows a very uninformed way of looking at it. [emoji106][emoji846]

Just wanted to say..

Shalom

Timon.

Sorry Timon, but this is simply nonsense.

The bible clearly states that those who choose to not worship god will be destroyed. God advocates the killing of none believers and the taking of their land.

If you believe the book, god himself destroyed the entire inhabited earth, including all the animals. With the exception of Noah and his immediate family,plus two of each animal and additional animals that would be "sacrificed" once the slaughter was over. Yep he really is a god of love, come on! :001_rolleyes:

The script is pretty simple, worship the one true god or die.

Be honest, if it was a Labour government responsible for cutting police numbers by nearly 20%, you'd be falling over yourself in the rush to apportion blame.

Er, no actually.

Think about it, 20,000 police @ 40k per annum (let's say, for argument sake, over a 10 year career) plus pension.

What's that work out as in £s?

VfM for the sake of several thousand nut-jobs? Not in my book.

Check this out. News crews from CNN and BBC 'apparently stumbled' across and impromptu campaign again ISIS.

Really?

It looks pretty scripted to me.

I really don't know where to turn these days for the truth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/871487298721992705/video/1

What are you thought on that Matelot, as you called me dillusional the other day.?

Labour can have all the police they want but if the man at the top doesn't have a problem with people supporting Isis and going off to fight and equally doesn't think they should be shot when carrying out these attacks he may as well requisition the lollypop ladies to help with the Islamic threat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/05/jeremy-corbyn-said-isil-supporters-should-not-prosecuted-expressing/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I can see some of the attractiveness of some of his social reform agendas, but I simply can't reconcile how anyone could seriously consider a vote for this man / cabinet.

After a resounding thrashing on Thursday, hopefully the Labour Party will consign this man to the history books and get on with forming a viable opposition.

Chairman Corbyn now seeking resignation of PM over the issue of police cuts when she was Home Secretary.

Talk about blatant politicking.

Seems he's not the only one. Is this blatant politicking also? :001_smile:

Theresa May must resign over 'security failures' that led to recent terror attacks, says David Cameron's former policy guru | The Independent

Police? what we saw in London on Saturday night was a Jihadi guerrilla attack, we need to ask ourselves if regular law enforcement is the answer?

MI6 need to create a hybrid terrorist fighting unit with the SAS and get busy kicking doors in and dragging these scumbags out of houses followed by deportation or full term life sentences in a yet to be built maximum security prison.

when this is your enemy

SAS-kill-ISIS-Islamic-State-359157.jpg

this is the solution

sas-london.fw.png

£40k/year?, they'd all want to be at the top of their game.

I was talking to a Copper that trains Armed officers in the Met on Saturday, he told me that most of them are time served looking to move over to the Firearms team. He told me most of them are on mid £20k's.

Pitiful considering you spend a great deal of your time watching you don't get shanked.

Er, no actually.

Think about it, 20,000 police @ 40k per annum (let's say, for argument sake, over a 10 year career) plus pension.

What's that work out as in £s?

VfM for the sake of several thousand nut-jobs? Not in my book.

You admit that copper's right in what he says then. :001_cool:

So, cut away then - what, in your opinion, is a 'safe' number of police, and should we then apply the same rationale to our armed forces? After all, we hardly ever need them, and as for Trident - well, same thinking applies, surely? :confused1:

Still, at least if they're out of work, it's a good thing we've got foodbanks for them to fall back on;

[ame]

[/ame]

Your local MP, I believe - wonder if this'll make 'Spotlight' :thumbdown: