Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

I went along with 'the rules' as I was led to believe it the best course of action in a time of significant uncertainty. I worked throughout the lockdown. I love the way you'll bark at anyone who enabled the shit storm that was the management  of the pandemic, but you're incapable of blaming Boris and his lackeys directly. 

I’m not barking mark at anyone, I wish Boris had gone with his initial instinct and adopted more of a Swedish way of approaching things but the clamour for action was utterly deafening( media driven too) as for going with the rules, you are an educated man are you not, if dumb arses like myself and a few others on here can work out it’s bollocks then so could most others surely. My contempt for the political types who led us during that farcical period is absolute mark, but I  am not blinded by political allegiance, i remember those who wanted more restrictions etc etc. I liken the current mentality to that period to that of people looking to blame someone for behaving like a tool on a sat night, we’ve all been there bud, woke up thinking why the hell did I do that. Then conveniently blaming the guy whose idea it was to hit the town that night. Boris gave all those who wanted everything we witnessed exactly what they clamoured for. As for management of a shit storm Mark the vast majority of first world countries ****************ed up the response to covid massively. Have you read the John Hopkins study ?? . 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

I’m not barking mark at anyone, I wish Boris had gone with his initial instinct and adopted more of a Swedish way of approaching things but the clamour for action was utterly deafening( media driven too) as for going with the rules, you are an educated man are you not, if dumb arses like myself and a few others on here can work out it’s bollocks then so could most others surely. My contempt for the political types who led us during that farcical period is absolute mark, but I  am not blinded by political allegiance, i remember those who wanted more restrictions etc etc. I liken the current mentality to that period to that of people looking to blame someone for behaving like a tool on a sat night, we’ve all been there bud, woke up thinking why the hell did I do that. Then conveniently blaming the guy whose idea it was to hit the town that night. Boris gave all those who wanted everything we witnessed exactly what they clamoured for. As for management of a shit storm Mark the vast majority of first world countries ****************ed up the response to covid massively. Have you read the John Hopkins study ?? . 

Screenshot_20230504-102425.png.b6d71b6aca397f7f5bed2a9b4093305e.png

And again. Mate, this is getting embarrassing.

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

Screenshot_20230504-102425.png.b6d71b6aca397f7f5bed2a9b4093305e.png

And again. Mate, this is getting embarrassing.

Whats embarrassing is how when you look back at the relentless too and fro arguments of the covid vaccine thread is how utterly mistaken you have proven to be in just about every way, including the catastrophic damage done to so much of our society that was absolutely predictable. If I had made a big as fool of myself as you did 42 over the past couple of years, tried to defend what you did  and got it so so wrong I’d be keeping my head down not putting up piss poor crap like this and alluding to people supposedly missing the point, If you don’t like it ignore it eh, walk on by “easy” 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jackalope said:

Can someone change the record please?

I think this one is stuck on loop. 

You could always as I said to 42 ignore it and walk on by eh 🤷‍♂️rather than taking the time to reply. Super super easy, try it, I do it loads if I find something tiresome. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

My wife and I were dismayed at the lucicrious rules and laws introduced during Covid, along with the bait of free money for, "business loans" and  pretending to work from home, whether on 100% or 80% wages, and the very ready compliance from the populace to fall into line. 

We both realised that normal society was therefore ****************ed.

My wife was a teacher and was genuinely concerned at how the school childrens education and futures were going to be ****************ed.

I was Ex Council and knew how the significent numbers of lazy ****************ers with the Council would game the system.

We both knew how the unscrouplous business types would game the system. 

We have been proved correct in all respects.

Plus long Covid and Social Anxity was an absolute gift for the DLA/PIP grifters.

Society is truely ****************ed.

No apology for the censored expletivies, since it is the only way I can express the true depth of my enduring  despair.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Whats embarrassing is how when you look back at the relentless too and fro arguments of the covid vaccine thread is how utterly mistaken you have proven to be in just about every way, including the catastrophic damage done to so much of our society that was absolutely predictable. If I had made a big as fool of myself as you did 42 over the past couple of years, tried to defend what you did  and got it so so wrong I’d be keeping my head down not putting up piss poor crap like this and alluding to people supposedly missing the point, If you don’t like it ignore it eh, walk on by “easy” 

Ok, fair enough, I don't think you'll ever get it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ The original point that precipitated this, your latest series of whines, rants and edits about Covid, was principally about Boris Johnson. Not Covid.  

The bloke is an habitual liar, severely lacking in integrity and moral fibre. With a long history as such, his Covid fckups were but one example of his dishonesty and incompetence. Regardless of political viewpoints, most people now know that he's not fit for any position of authority. The Conservative Party, who made up the majority of the privileges committee, have realised that. He's got very few supporters now, other than all those 'worthy' people mentioned in his 'honourable' honours list. Like his hairdresser, really?! (Though his dad wasn't allowed apparently.) 

I know vinyl has made a come back in recent years, but seriously mate, it's time to change the record. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ There's far more important things going wrong in the world. Time to give the Covid zealotry a well earned rest. Try this, you might find yourself another cause to devote your time to;

https://thelightpaper.co.uk/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sime42 said:

Ok, fair enough, I don't think you'll ever get it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ The original point that precipitated this, your latest series of whines, rants and edits about Covid, was principally about Boris Johnson. Not Covid.  

The bloke is an habitual liar, severely lacking in integrity and moral fibre. With a long history as such, his Covid fckups were but one example of his dishonesty and incompetence. Regardless of political viewpoints, most people now know that he's not fit for any position of authority. The Conservative Party, who made up the majority of the privileges committee, have realised that. He's got very few supporters now, other than all those 'worthy' people mentioned in his 'honourable' honours list. Like his hairdresser, really?! (Though his dad wasn't allowed apparently.) 

I know vinyl has made a come back in recent years, but seriously mate, it's time to change the record. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ There's far more important things going wrong in the world. Time to give the Covid zealotry a well earned rest. Try this, you might find yourself another cause to devote your time to;

https://thelightpaper.co.uk/

What part of my contempt for the politicians who ran the show during covid do you struggle to comprehend?? the original post was about Sturgeon or did you miss that. You vociferously supported every failed, costly, damaging and misguided measure during covid, you and you alone have to live with how wrong you were 🤷‍♂️ from that there is zero hiding, try as you may to be smug and a smart arse about this , the facts  and your utterly ridiculous written arguments on the covid thread don’t lie. Walk on by 42 rather than trying desperately to point out how you and you alone get the point. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Confused 1