Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

There are more pressing issues at stake, Mark, like the urgent need for the ECHR to pass legislation to uphold medieval blasphemy laws,
Or the government conducting costly research into what constitutes a ‘hate crime’ then mobilising and equipping the police to be able to enforce it.
Or banning clapping in universities. Etc..
ITN’s top story last night..... The humanitarian catastrophe in Yemen?? No, it didn’t make the cut, instead, an undercover report into why ‘gay conversion therapy’ should be banned.

6 hours ago, TIMON said:

There are more pressing issues at stake, Mark, like the urgent need for the ECHR to pass legislation to uphold medieval blasphemy laws,
Or the government conducting costly research into what constitutes a ‘hate crime’ then mobilising and equipping the police to be able to enforce it.
Or banning clapping in universities. Etc..
ITN’s top story last night..... The humanitarian catastrophe in Yemen?? No, it didn’t make the cut, instead, an undercover report into why ‘gay conversion therapy’ should be banned.

Well to be honest having just looked at Gay Conversion Therapy I can't see why it shouldn't be something in the news..

all sounds medieval to me.  especially when this conversion therapy is practiced by the religious lunatics knocking about..

• Like 1

Well to be honest having just looked at Gay Conversion Therapy I can't see why it shouldn't be something in the news..

all sounds medieval to me.  especially when this conversion therapy is practiced by the religious lunatics knocking about..

The point was, that ten million people are about to starve to death, and people such as yourself are more bothered about nonsense.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TIMON said:

The point was, that ten million people are about to starve to death, and people such as yourself are more bothered about nonsense.

You're assuming I give a shit about Yemen or its problems..   its along way off for one, and knowing something about how the whole business started I've come to the conclusion that I don't care about what goes on there..   

and on the other hand, I do care about the medieval practices of our religious community.. to whit Gay Conversion Therapy..

In fact, both things are related when I think of it, I forget what it was, but I was watching a utube vid about the Yemeni war and how it started, and I came across some of the medieval cultural practices of the Houthis and it was while watching that that I decided it would be better all round to wipe them all out and start all over again..  

Edited by Vespasian