Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Lift already organised for tomorrow, I must go to the pub afterwards, it's what they would have wanted.

Good on you eggs, my mate is piping at one of the local memorials at 06:00 tomorrow morning, as are many others, I should be making the effort but I’m sure I won’t, I’ll be thinking of them though![emoji849]
  • Like 1

Lift already organised for tomorrow, I must go to the pub afterwards, it's what they would have wanted.

Ahh..... but have you sorted the return ticket out yet yolky? [emoji6] or are ya going on all out full rascal mode and staying out beyond the early hours [emoji848]?[emoji482]

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

Ahh..... but have you sorted the return ticket out yet yolky? emoji6.png or are ya going on all out full rascal mode and staying out beyond the early hours emoji848.png?emoji482.png

No, but I've thought about it. There will be people that I know come in the pub late afternoon, I'll scrounge a lift off one of them. If not I'll suffer the tenner and get a taxi.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2018 at 08:29, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Hear you brother...  Balance, reasonableness, public perception, public confidence...  All seems to be absolutely to cock atm.

We were talking about the dumbasses that tried to jack an ARV a while back - just about as 'caught red handed' as it's possible to be - yet bailed.  I eagerly await the sentencing that will follow that little shin dig - doubtless it will in no way reflect the seriousness of the action and there will be some social / economic / cultural mitigation which is to blame.

I noted the sentencing of the 2 guys from the food outlet where the extreme peanut allergy girl died after eating a take away that contained peanut trace.

Was it 2 yrs for one of the proprietors, 3 for the other (haven't looked it up in detail because to do so might uncover intentional, nefarious, intent for maximising profit and disregarding HACCP procedures which would not be advantageous to the pitch fork wielding, mob mentality, fake-news, hyperbole that I'm trying to generate ?)

Assuming - the owners / operators of that take away were decent, community spirited, properly knowledgable and qualified Food Safety operatives and that basic HACCP procedures were followed (you'd be surprised just how basic they can be and still be up towards the 3-5* range of the 1-5* grading scheme)and that there were no significant 'other' factors - 2 and 3 years in chokey for peanut oil?  What will the armed blaggers of a police ARV get I wonder?

2 footnotes -

1 - whilst absolutely tragic that the lassy died after her biriani,  if I had such a known allergic reaction to peanut I wouldn't be eating take-aways (or sandwiches) unless I had personally met the exec chef and significant supply chain players, discussed HACPP and contented myself that it was sound.    

2 - Whilst the burning effigy situation is absolutely deplorable, the level of police resource and its instantaneous deployment takes a huge dump on anyone that is suffering the effects of crime on a personal level.

Its a mad world! 

Here's another example of the f*cked up perspective that seems to have overwhelmed law & order, media and public perception:

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-10/one-year-old-among-four-killed-in-sheffield-crash-after-police-chase/

All the reporting of this appears to focus on the "...died after Police chase..." angle.

Tragic as it is, it was not the pursuit by the forces of law & order that killed and injured these people - it was the scummy little c*nts in the car that bear the full weight of responsibility.

They already know, and play off the fact, that the more reckless they are, the more likely the Rozzers will be forced to back off.  What sort of message does that send?  Instead of the IPCC investigation (and all the stress, cost and resources that will involve) they should just validate a new pursuit intervention tactic - something like a steel rope stretched across the road ahead of the fleeing vehicle.  Vehicle stopped and written off, scummy little c*nts left for dead.  

Can't see a down side really....  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

something like a steel rope stretched across the road ahead of the fleeing vehicle

or police cars supercharged and nitrous kits with a massive spring loaded hook hinged at the front bumpers and going over door frames and held on a roof mounted trigger, they speed up ram from behind and release the hook which swings down through 130 degrees and plunges into the rear bodywork of the getaway car like in robot wars

37 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

or police cars supercharged and nitrous kits with a massive spring loaded hook hinged at the front bumpers and going over door frames and held on a roof mounted trigger, they speed up ram from behind and release the hook which swings down through 130 degrees and plunges into the rear bodywork of the getaway car like in robot wars

?

But I like it ?