Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Lets get a consensus here. I think for the most part people,  vesp not inc, think that the burning cardboard Grenfell was of bad taste and was quite a bit more than distasteful. But who thinks that the police response was just, considering that (at least round me) the police target response time seems to be 3 days and that would be for an actual assault.  

• Like 3

Bejeeezus!

theyve let Abbot loose on QT!

This will be entertainment...

After weeks of intensive coaching, Diane will only be answering in a vaguely anecdotal manner. (Hard facts and figures will be strictly avoided)
What could possibly go wrong??!

Did she just say she had met people who had just died in the Grenfell fire?

Lets get a consensus here. I think for the most part people,  vesp not inc, think that the burning cardboard Grenfell was of bad taste and was quite a bit more than distasteful. But who thinks that the police response was just, considering that (at least round me) the police target response time seems to be 3 days and that would be for an actual assault.  

I live in a “quiet respected neighbourhood / town”...... a work colleague of mine from our night shift had just started work at 8PM and i’d just gone off shift and gone home. At half past 8 just cracking top of a can i got a phone call..... could i run across to said colleagues house as his partner had rung up all distressed. She had heard noises in back garden and upon going to investigate she had seen figures stood at the back doors trying the handles to get in!!!!

I went across to find her in a quivering wreck, i reassured her things would be ok and the messers had gone and her fella would be home any second too. (They had two kids in bed upstairs at the time)

I started to return home, (150yrds away) and i heard rustling from an old boys garage roof?!...... went to investigate and found 5 teenagers with rucksacks, metal bars and neckachieves part covering their faces.

Now me being...... quite to very capable of handling myself thought..... hhhmmmm... hows best to play this one? As 5 against 1 is clearly a loss (wish vesp was with me [emoji6]) i kinda called them on it and said whats the crack?... what ya playing at? Three of them were all apologetic and said they meant no harm, the others were dead cocky and arsey!

My mrs could see what the crack was through living room window looking down the road so she rang “the police” took 50 mins for a bobby to arrive, never landed at our house where the complaint came from and we never got a report back to say what had come from the “investigation”!!!!!! Still to this day we think WTF??!!!

My work mates mrs gave a statement as to what went on whilst in her quivering state..... still to this day she never got an update or outcome on the little sods!!! ?????[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

So to the likes of a major incident like Grenfell, to a lesser incident like above (but still intimidating and scary to some)......... yeah your police attendance times and actions are not “just” but SHITE!!!

Anyone keeping tabs on how the Grenfell unlimited credit card fraud is getting on  .  .  .

I sense the issuing Council dont give a monkeys who they give the cards to, since central Government are footing the bill.

Bit like our RHI scheme, and our more recent Stormont "managed" £90,000,000 Social fund unchecked hand-out debacle.

7 hours ago, Ratman said:

I live in a “quiet respected neighbourhood / town”...... a work colleague of mine from our night shift had just started work at 8PM and i’d just gone off shift and gone home. At half past 8 just cracking top of a can i got a phone call..... could i run across to said colleagues house as his partner had rung up all distressed. She had heard noises in back garden and upon going to investigate she had seen figures stood at the back doors trying the handles to get in!!!!

I went across to find her in a quivering wreck, i reassured her things would be ok and the messers had gone and her fella would be home any second too. (They had two kids in bed upstairs at the time)

I started to return home, (150yrds away) and i heard rustling from an old boys garage roof?!...... went to investigate and found 5 teenagers with rucksacks, metal bars and neckachieves part covering their faces.

Now me being...... quite to very capable of handling myself thought..... hhhmmmm... hows best to play this one? As 5 against 1 is clearly a loss (wish vesp was with me emoji6.png) i kinda called them on it and said whats the crack?... what ya playing at? Three of them were all apologetic and said they meant no harm, the others were dead cocky and arsey!

My mrs could see what the crack was through living room window looking down the road so she rang “the police” took 50 mins for a bobby to arrive, never landed at our house where the complaint came from and we never got a report back to say what had come from the “investigation”!!!!!! Still to this day we think WTF??!!!

My work mates mrs gave a statement as to what went on whilst in her quivering state..... still to this day she never got an update or outcome on the little sods!!! ?????emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png

So to the likes of a major incident like Grenfell, to a lesser incident like above (but still intimidating and scary to some)......... yeah your police attendance times and actions are not “just” but SHITE!!!

Hear you brother...  Balance, reasonableness, public perception, public confidence...  All seems to be absolutely to cock atm.

We were talking about the dumbasses that tried to jack an ARV a while back - just about as 'caught red handed' as it's possible to be - yet bailed.  I eagerly await the sentencing that will follow that little shin dig - doubtless it will in no way reflect the seriousness of the action and there will be some social / economic / cultural mitigation which is to blame.

I noted the sentencing of the 2 guys from the food outlet where the extreme peanut allergy girl died after eating a take away that contained peanut trace.

Was it 2 yrs for one of the proprietors, 3 for the other (haven't looked it up in detail because to do so might uncover intentional, nefarious, intent for maximising profit and disregarding HACCP procedures which would not be advantageous to the pitch fork wielding, mob mentality, fake-news, hyperbole that I'm trying to generate ?)

Assuming - the owners / operators of that take away were decent, community spirited, properly knowledgable and qualified Food Safety operatives and that basic HACCP procedures were followed (you'd be surprised just how basic they can be and still be up towards the 3-5* range of the 1-5* grading scheme)and that there were no significant 'other' factors - 2 and 3 years in chokey for peanut oil?  What will the armed blaggers of a police ARV get I wonder?

2 footnotes -

1 - whilst absolutely tragic that the lassy died after her biriani,  if I had such a known allergic reaction to peanut I wouldn't be eating take-aways (or sandwiches) unless I had personally met the exec chef and significant supply chain players, discussed HACPP and contented myself that it was sound.    

2 - Whilst the burning effigy situation is absolutely deplorable, the level of police resource and its instantaneous deployment takes a huge dump on anyone that is suffering the effects of crime on a personal level.

Its a mad world! 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There's just no answer is there ? 1 to 5 against, I would never. If it's not Purposefully Offended wankers grabbing attention for their teeny lil cause it's some fatty meat loaf preaching on telly. I hate how technology has become a stage for these pointless characters, put Abbot on a saw in the woods an it would be Air Ambulance before you finished yr roll up.... k

• Haha 3