Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

I wasn't having a go.

Just indicating that being a buy-to-let landlord isn't only for the mega-rich elite, so they can't be solely blamed for any problems which may or may not be attributable to it.

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Revolutionary guard elite troops I meant Dave 

No probs Les I was just being picky 🤷‍♂️

On the topic in question, great people over there, did a job a few years ago and found the Iranians we dealt with to be friendly and open with a desire to show you what their country had and meant to them. Like many places take the shit bag politicians and extreme religious types out of the mix and people generally do get along fine. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Let’s all break into an impromptu singalong of Imagine by John Lennon shall we?

It's all very well for you being holed up in Chateau Dempsey. Some of us have to live with this whinge fest whether we're political or not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

He will be holed up , because fuel is in shortage in France due to ......guess what  .....strikes !!!!

Some people don’t like the idea of other people going on strike, it seems the French have a different attitude, with over a third of the country backing the strike.

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Some people don’t like the idea of other people going on strike, it seems the French have a different attitude, with over a third of the country backing the strike.

that means that two thirds are against it !!!!    it seems to be a very french thing to strike a lot , their country their ways I suppose , but why do people focus on UK problems when other places have plenty of issues as well !!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

that means that two thirds are against it !!!!    it seems to be a very french thing to strike a lot , their country their ways I suppose , but why do people focus on UK problems when other places have plenty of issues as well !!!!

A third of a country's  population backing a strike is unheard of in many places, Personally I focus on UK problems because I work and live here. Why wouldn't I focus on it?

• Like 1