Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, Big J said:

All roads seem to lead to the same destination of the UK being stuffed. I've no idea what the solution is. It's frightening really.

It’s harder to find a solution than it is to see what’s wrong but by Christ did Truss get it wrong. What a complete and utter dullard. 

Growth, Growth, Growth? 

Who the hell came up with that bollox?

Sustainability, sustainability, sustainability should be the modern cry. 

The Ponzi scheme of tax and spend, combined with historic and shocking wealth disparity is starting to tumble….

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’m gonna make the cardinal error of not reading to the end before jumping in ½ cocked….

All we need now is BigJ bleating on about the sh1t state of our great nation (most likely because of Brexit (God bless our good fortune) or planning regs, or heaven forbid, rain) whilst simultaneously COMPLETELY IGNORING the equal strife that is occurring elsewhere (wholly unaffected by Brexit) but just as meaningful and real….

No fuel and a national strike in France but not a  saucisson Of news about this until some chummy phones in to LBC and tells us about it. 

I heard a good one a few days ago .......The UK and it's population are often regarded as having a poor diet and we are all portrayed as regularly going to Mc Donalds ..unlike those in Europe who only eat fresh salad and olive oil etc etc ...YET ..... there are more Mc Donalds in France than the UK !!!!

• Like 1

Just now, devon TWiG said:

I heard a good one a few days ago .......The UK and it's population are often regarded as having a poor diet and we are all portrayed as regularly going to Mc Donalds ..unlike those in Europe who only eat fresh salad and olive oil etc etc ...YET ..... there are more Mc Donalds in France than the UK !!!!

Bloody Brexit 😂 you mean Le Big Mac (in a Reservoir Dogs stylie)

2F7E2D08-3C7D-480C-A8EB-41E952345C44.png

8 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

Was curious so reached for the encyclopaedia Britanicca (Google), population of France 67.39 mil (2020) population of UK 67.22 mil (2020)

Whod have thought it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

here are a couple of phone boxes in Kernow !!!!😂

IMG-20221014-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221014-WA0003.jpg

There always used to be one in Trispen where they’d have a mannequin in bra, stockings and Nick naks….

Every time I’d break my neck as I drove past - must have caused many a crash over the years. 

My PC bought the old phone box. 

Dozy feckers didn’t bother thinking what they’d do with it so spent a load of dosh having the village defib moved from the pub (totally central) to the phone box (without telling anyone) then had to spend another bundle moving it back when the pub land lord pointed out that it didn’t belong to the PC. Wankers!

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s harder to find a solution than it is to see what’s wrong but by Christ did Truss get it wrong. What a complete and utter dullard. 

Growth, Growth, Growth? 

Who the hell came up with that bollox?

Sustainability, sustainability, sustainability should be the modern cry. 

The Ponzi scheme of tax and spend, combined with historic and shocking wealth disparity is starting to tumble….

I agree. She's been living in her own head, her own ideology. No regard given for the circumstances she finds herself in. Tone deaf, living in a bubble, utter moron - take your pick.

Who'll take over and when? 

I've no idea. It took them long enough to get rid of Boris. As awful as he was, Truss is a whole other league of disaster.