Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

It's a scan I had not a finger of fudge fest, I had one because I was leaking and the Doc thought early prostate. Turned out to be anxiety and too much caffeine.

Anyway, do Darren Shepherd and Dominic Lunn know you are feeling ropey?

I know they take a keen interest in your health and general well being.

I think they have a sweepstakes on you and and a keen eye on your tool shed...

Stuart

Had the finger job in 2008, no problem. I nearly passed out 6 months ago when I was grinding stumps,felt pain in my nether regions,started sweating,  had to get on the deck as I was going over. Put it down to my trousers being too tight, I am as you know, the fuller figured gentleman, felt a pillock in front of the client, trumped a couple of times, was ok then. Last week, same pain, bit of a job peeing,  haven't  fed properly without having to rush for the toilet. A few times it's been a photo finish. As to your other comment as to Messrs Lunn and Shepherd being concerned about my health, of course I haven't mentioned it to them. Vultures!

• Like 1

Report on the BBC 'Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel - so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of total diesel sales in the UK and costs the Treasury about £2.4bn a year in revenue'.

Jesus! That will infuriate farmers, is lot and boaties.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Jesus! That will infuriate farmers, is lot and boaties.

It sure will and the the fishermen and the construction industry. I get that taxation can encourage us down the EV and renewables rout but there are no electric tractors or fishing boats. Did see an electric digger but it was not a serious replacement for busy contractors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

Who talks like that ! ' it will no long attract a lower fuel duty.'  Like it's now unattractive to tax , let itself go a bit... why dont  .Gov just say " we want to chisel even more money out yr pocket"  k

It will probably be more expenseve to cover the cost of the dye ........?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EdwardC said:

Report on the BBC 'Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel - so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of total diesel sales in the UK and costs the Treasury about £2.4bn a year in revenue'.

How slowly the wheels of government turn....

This has been on the radar for some time:

Can't find any papers which detail the 'conclusions' which may have been drawn from the call for representations though?

Sigh, an there was honest me paying for clear for years, when ah cud ave bin, rather profitably, running on red!

BUT

Long overdue, a level playing field for all, and surely possible to offer a rebate for the clear diesel purchased and used by  bona-fide commercial or industrial users, but now post purchase, or even link in such a way that only VAT registered firms can claim the rebate.

Like it WILL hurt me, being used to using red to run my tractor(s) to cut sticks.

Better stock up then!

• Like 1