Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 hours ago, Mark J said:

"Go on it, get those salacious media tidbits; click on the papers sites that profit from destroying people, that divide the country, that answer to none.
Being a violent person makes you a ****. But profiteering from that misery, not seeing it as morally reprehensible but instead as a pay packet, makes you a vulture ****.
But it only exists because of demand.
Read the details of the misery, click to find out more, you'll not believe what happened next.
And if you buy their sordid papers, buy their tawdry magazines, click on their ragebait websites, watch the bullshit tv, you're encouraging it.
How many people from these shitty "reality" tv programs are dead now? The same bullshittery that has given us an endless horde of overpreened morons and a cadre of shit****s like Trump, Sugar, Hopkins.
But keep watching them.
Keep clicking on those stories.
Keep the machine going.
Keep the death and hate and media shittery and moronic banality soiling our existence. "
Jez Hunt.

Thing is, these clickbait tidbits are also what feed these people’s careers, they’re part and parcel of the reality tv/minor celeb circus.

If I want to listen to what people like a Trump, Sugar and K.Hopkins say, then I will, who dictates what and who we should listen to? Jez Hunt?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Thing is, these clickbait tidbits are also what feed these people’s careers, they’re part and parcel of the reality tv/minor celeb circus.

If I want to listen to what people like a Trump, Sugar and K.Hopkins say, then I will, who dictates what and who we should listen to? Jez Hunt?

Whatever floats your boat.

38 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Exactly, it’s called free speech.

Listening to people does not mean agreeing with them.

Do you only want to read and hear opinions you agree with?

Do whatever you like. Just be aware that you might be contributing to their causes by doing so, which will either be a good or bad thing, depending on your outlook.
For example I'm no fan of The Sun newspaper, so won't add to their coffers by clicking on their links.

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

And in spite of all the above I still don't know who she is/was ....

Am similarly baffled Mr Stubby. If she didnt find a cure fr cancer or centerfold in " Slippers Monthly" free with Saga magazine, she aint lighting up on my radar. K

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Exactly, it’s called free speech.

Listening to people does not mean agreeing with them.

Do you only want to read and hear opinions you agree with?

Yes. I have no spare time in my world AND a short attention span. K

• Like 2