Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

do not forget there gold and diamond reserves 

The typical Arab doesn't have much of a work ethic.... 

I've spent quite a lot of time in the Middle East and most of their industries are oil based. Yeah, there's quite a lot of cement/ chemical/ aluminium works etc, however they all depend on oil...

Africa has plenty gold and diamond reserves....

15 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye, but only if she gets the DUP's permission first.

Party politics and tit for tat shouldn’t come into an international crisis where the likes of kids are being chemically attacked. Unless you think otherwise of course?

43 minutes ago, WesD said:

Party politics and tit for tat shouldn’t come into an international crisis where the likes of kids are being chemically attacked. Unless you think otherwise of course?

I do as it happens.  If a Prime Minister of a country should seek to act without the consent of parliament, then they should have a clear mandate.  The current Government had to bolster (buy) seats in order to attain their majority.

If they'd legitimately won their place then I would have no argument.  I may disagree with their actions but that's how democracy works.

That's not to say that I'd happily go along with whatever they said without parliamentary approval. 

There's a way to do things and it's imperitave to do them that way.

It's like that bloke who killed the burglar lately. He was charged and then the CPS  decided to take No Further Action.  That means that it wasn't in the 'Public Interest' to pursue a conviction.   They still followed protocol.

Edited by Mark J

5 minutes ago, matelot said:

The typical Arab doesn't have much of a work ethic.... 

I've spent quite a lot of time in the Middle East and most of their industries are oil based. Yeah, there's quite a lot of cement/ chemical/ aluminium works etc, however they all depend on oil...

Africa has plenty gold and diamond reserves....

you are right about the work ethic that is why they use a lot of labour from the Philippines and all the industries are owned by the Arabs and not foreigners also they control the market the same as they do for oil and can influence the price     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

you are right about the work ethic that is why they use a lot of labour from the Philippines and all the industries are owned by the Arabs and not foreigners also they control the market the same as they do for oil and can influence the price     

Who here doesn't employ people to do the jobs they don't want to do themselves?

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

Who here doesn't employ people to do the jobs they don't want to do themselves?

There is a difference between employing people to carry out necessary work and employing people to do things you've never done, have no desire to do and would never do in a million years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

It's like that bloke who killed the burglar lately. He was charged and then the CPS  decided to take No Further Action.  That means that it wasn't in the 'Public Interest' to pursue a conviction.   They still followed protocol.

I see what you are saying but she doesn’t have to go through Parliament and it isn’t protocol to do so, more courtesy.