Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

People today for the most part are utterly pathetic, they want to be spoon fed and have their arses wiped.

It appears the more people have the more they want.

Not all! The few young guys who work for me now and then all know what hard work is. 

That said, give me and Irishman, Scotsman or a Pole any day over the "average" Englishman.

Dunno why.. 

• Like 2

I'm not talking about any one generation.

Just today I needed to put some air in a rear tyre, pulled into a filling station, someone had parked in front of the air pump, so I have to manurer at an angle in front of the parked car and begin inflating the tyre. As I'm finishing up a woman comes back to the car, not from the forecourt shop, but from up the road somewhere. She says straightaway "can you move your car, I need to go" my Mrs points out she's the one blocking us by parking there. She goes on that she needs to go, etc, etc. Many people just feel so Self-entiteled. They care nothing for others. Parents park right outside the school often on the zig zags, the can't possible walk a few hundred yards. You park outside their house and they go bonkers, thats THEIR space.

People look at you like your stupid if you suggest they walk a couple of miles, we are capable of walking 30 miles in a day, with a pack, but people think thats crazy.

People feel TV's, carpets, holidays, cars, luxury food, mobile phones etc, etc are their right, not a privilege.

Look at Brexit, people don't want to respect democracy, they are only interested in what THEY want.

Don't get me wrong, these people are not evil or wicked, for the most part their just dim and selfish.

There are still a lot of good people, but many of them are pretty pathetic in their lack of effort or appreciation for just how good our lives are. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, skyhuck said:

Just today I needed to put some air in a rear tyre, pulled into a filling station, someone had parked in front of the air pump, so I have to manurer at an angle in front of the parked car and begin inflating the tyre. As I'm finishing up a woman comes back to the car, not from the forecourt shop, but from up the road somewhere. She says straightaway "can you move your car, I need to go" my Mrs points out she's the one blocking us by parking there. She goes on that she needs to go, etc, etc. Many people just feel so Self-entiteled. They care nothing for others. Parents park right outside the school often on the zig zags, the can't possible walk a few hundred yards. You park outside their house and they go bonkers, thats THEIR space.

People look at you like your stupid if you suggest they walk a couple of miles, we are capable of walking 30 miles in a day, with a pack, but people think thats crazy.

People feel TV's, carpets, holidays, cars, luxury food, mobile phones etc, etc are their right, not a privilege.

Look at Brexit, people don't want to respect democracy, they are only interested in what THEY want.

Don't get me wrong, these people are not evil or wicked, for the most part their just dim and selfish.

There are still a lot of good people, but many of them are pretty pathetic in their lack of effort or appreciation for just how good our lives are. 

For all the part messages I'd typed for Mark, before getting to the end of the thread, I can happily delete them all....

except this bit:

At what point does ridiculois become obvious Mark?  

(Not in chronological order)

Russia passes law to facilitate execution of overseas dissidents.

Russian dissident is assassinated with Russian sourced isotope.

Numerous other Russian dissidents "meet unexpected end."    

UK scientists identify source of chemical agent.

OPCW confirms UK identification of chemical agent.

Russia takes responsibility for clearing chemical weapons from Syria.

Syria suffers repeated chemical weapons incidents.

Russia denies Syrian chemical attack ever happened.

24 hrs later, Russia claims "West" responsible for Syrian chemical weapons attack. 

Jeremy Corbyn is a clown and Dianne Abbot can't tell the time.

and you know how much it pains us both to agree with each other Dave...

But I have to say, I simply cannot find anything to disagree with you on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I wouldn’t go as far as that, or dismiss any generation as better or worse than the last.

But there is no doubt in my mind that food poverty or whatever you call it in the UK has reduced in a generation.

While just now watching have I got news for you their "Are you more cheerful than a chimp" round stated that in the last 20 years the proportion of the world living in poverty has almost halved. So I guess you may be bang on there.

I think every generation from the days of Socrates has blamed the younger generation for being idle, none respecting wasters. Its just a trait of getting old I guess.

I think myself very lucky to live in the times I do, there is no way I would want to live in any time slot in the past. Although the USA/Russia might soon put a stop to that.

and you know how much it pains us both to agree with each other Dave...

But I have to say, I simply cannot find anything to disagree with you on this.

It’s simply an old fart moaning about reality.

Pathetic!

Have you cleverly changed something that I can't be bothered to look for or did you forget to write what you were thinking..... [emoji846]

It's possible I'm not writing what you're reading after a couple too many.....[emoji38]

??
The terrier jumped on my lap at the start! Fecked it all up!!

I’ve only had fourteen glasses of wine, so it’s definitely not that![emoji15]