Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Tbh, the Grenfell Fire seems to highlight a lot of problems with Britain..

They spent £10m cladding this building to reduce heating costs. That's £80,000 for each flat! I'm into the environment, however that money could have been spent better elsewhere IMHO. £10m would plant a lot of trees...

It also highlights that there are many illegals in London that fly under the radar and don't get deported.

Then the survivors of the blaze get given flats in a luxury development worth well over a £1m each....

Just read that the guy in charge of the EU fisheries has said that he will tell European fishermen to disregard British sovereignty in regards to fishing rights in U.K waters post Brexit.

So let me get this straight...

They want to shaft us to the tune of £100b + then then once they have punished every which way they can for leaving the EU they will then still come over and fish our waters regardless of any legality?

I don't understand why we are still even negotiating with them. Bring back Drake and Raleigh!

Timon.

If it is like a divorce (eu's wording) coming out of the eu then surely we add all assets, money, savings etc etc up and divide that number by 28 and we take our share with us which I am pretty sure would mean they'll owe us!!

£100billion 😂

Just read that the guy in charge of the EU fisheries has said that he will tell European fishermen to disregard British sovereignty in regards to fishing rights in U.K waters post Brexit.

So let me get this straight...

They want to shaft us to the tune of £100b + then then once they have punished every which way they can for leaving the EU they will then still come over and fish our waters regardless of any legality?

I don't understand why we are still even negotiating with them. Bring back Drake and Raleigh!

Timon.

😁💥👍🏻

They are an utter disgrace.

Its good to see their true colours, shows we made exactly the right decision.

Our navy won't need to sink more than a couple of trawlers before they get the message.

👍🏻

If it is like a divorce (eu's wording) coming out of the eu then surely we add all assets, money, savings etc etc up and divide that number by 28 and we take our share with us which I am pretty sure would mean they'll owe us!!

£100billion 😂

If only there was a "signed off" set of accounts that would evidence the assets of the EU!

Smoke & mirrors though, they'd want to include the eye watering national debts of the leg iron nations and the backward economies of the "barely managing" new members.

Almost impossible to place an accurate figure upon a single nations 'contribution' to the failing project but I can relate to this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/european-union-eu-budget-share-of-contributions/

... which illustrates that the UK is the 3rd highest contributor to the EU.

Why are we even 'talking' to them about leaving? They need to be BEGGING us to stay!

They had their chance, choose not to, now they can FO!