Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Churchill was the epitome of a symbolic leader. He also made some pretty big mistakes during his life and career both militarily and politically.

During a time of great uncertainty in Europe, the whole nation got behind him to fight for the common good.

Can you think of any parallels here?

We're in real danger of getting shafted by hostile governments in Europe once again.

Timon.

Don't you think its us who are being hostile, wanting our cake and eat it?..

Rubbish.

We are happy to sell them our goods and buy theirs.

Whats the problem?

They are just not happy that we no longer wish to pay for the privilege.

Rubbish.

We are happy to sell them our goods and buy theirs.

Whats the problem?

They are just not happy that we no longer wish to pay for the privilege.

Skyhook, which post are you wanting an answer to? I'm in an answering mood.:001_smile:

Not in the slightest, have you been paying any kind of attention to what they are demanding of us? Not only that but they have publicly voiced that they wish to punch us as an example to other EU members that to leave is suicide. So no, its not about having our cake and eating it its about getting a fair deal. Sometimes to get a fair deal when selling you put in a higher selling price, then the buying party low balls you and eventually you meet in the middle. Its kind of hard to put in a higher selling price when the children behind you shout out what you'd be willing to settle for and scupper it.

Can the Labour supporters please tell why our country is rich?

Corbyn thinks the rich are greedy tax doggers, he wants to squeeze them to make a more equatable society. Which on the surface sounds fine, but in reality the vast majority of tax is already payed by the wealthy. If we increase tax why would they stay?

Since lowering the corporation tax rate, tax take has increased. Raising it simply makes working hard and making more profit less attractive.

I just can't get my head round where the left think our wealth comes from :confused1:

Please tell me what I'm missing? I'm not being funny, I'm genuinely interested.

This one

Which post mate? There's too much to wade through here if I just search for a user?

What?

Polls can now force an election? :001_huh:

When did this legislation come in?:001_huh:

:lol::laugh1::lol::biggrin::001_rolleyes:

Are you on somethin?.. all the traffic points to May being a liability, she said she'd stay as long as she was wanted.....

Until they ask her to leave.

Seems pretty clear to me a campaign is under way to find a successor. Hammond would seem the ideal candidate. for one, unlike Boris, he isn't a divisive candidate.. and two, he comes across as a decent fella who knows what he's doin.. unlike May and Corbyn..