"You bent my bar mate"

Dillinger86

Tell him you do not want to borrow his saw again as it does not cut straight !!! ... on a more serious note why would he say you bent it when all he had to do was a simple check to see if that was the case or not , before getting in touch with you ? .. hope you resolve it amicably because co-operation ( including borrowing / hiring gear ) is very useful in this industry and most do it from time to time ....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him you do not want to borrow his saw again as it does not cut straight !!! ... on a more serious note why would he say you bent it when all he had to do was a simple check to see if that was the case or not , before getting in touch with you ? .. hope you resolve it amicably because co-operation ( including borrowing / hiring gear ) is very useful in this industry and most do it from time to time ....

This, and what on earth is the guy doing with a 90cc saw if he can't tell a duff chain from a bent bar? Or did one of his employees use the saw, misidentify the (obvious) problem and tell him the bar was bent? In which case, why didn't he check it himself before levelling accusations. Sounds like someone at that firm is not competent to be running any size of chainsaw....

I find one of the best ways to get rid of annoying hangers-on is to lend them a saw with 'issues' then blame them for abusing it.

I've been hoping to do this to Dempsey but he got in first by offering to lend me an old Husky with no chain brake...:001_rolleyes:

Ty

On a similar note I was lent a 660 a few weeks ago to help with a big cypress kill.

Didn't ask for it, the lad was driving past and I get on with him so he stopped by and offered. Proper sound of him.

He dropped it off the next morning, and I used it. After a couple of hours the front handle went loose in the cut. I wasn't forcing it, just happened.

I came down and had a look. It had an old crack near the oil filler that had been hanging on by a thread. Just my rotten luck that it went on my watch.

New one ordered straight away. Put in the next day along with a full deep clean and sharpen. Brimmed the tanks etc.

I still felt bad. Kept the original handle to show the original crack.

The bloke was sound about it, and let's face it, although it was no fault of my own, the guy was decent enough to lend me an expensive saw, I wasn't gonna argue the toss when it happened on my watch. I value a good working relationship more than that.

He also got a crate of beer out of it.