"You bent my bar mate"

Dillinger86

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed a mates 661 with a great big bar (sugihara)

I used it to just get a large willow over, the chain had been well grounded before I got it, i sharpened it used it returned it full of oil and fuel...

I get a phone call saying 'you've bent this bar it wont cut properly bla bla'

So he wants me to buy a new one.. Never at any point had i trapped or abused this saw. How would you handle this situation???

The only way is to go round to see what the problem is and sort it out. ie is it bent or not for a start. Did you pay him for lending his saw? If not he might be a bit pissed if you gave him a saw back that cuts round corners whether its a bad chain or bent bar.

Im with Steve in regards to lending equipment, there is no issue if its sorted out before hand and both parties look after and know how to use the gear.

Ive helped loads of people out in the past and plan to do in the future by lending equipment out.

Hold on if you are 100% certain you had nothing to do with the bending of this bar why are you even asking? I'd maybe meet them half way for the cost of the bar if they are a friend, and because they were nice enough to lend it to you. A big bar will eventually bend over time anyway, they can't pin it all on you unless it is at a bloody right angle.

Hope this helps

Go check the bar, if it's bent then replace it as you were the last one to use it, if it's OK then a new chain to show gratitude for lending the saw would not go amiss,then try not to borrow again if it's going to be trouble.

So........ I went to the yard yesterday to take a look at the bar... We passed it round everyone had a little stare down the rails and it was pretty clear it was as straight as the day it came from fr jones. The chain however needed a good sort out as left cutters were far shorter than the right. I totally agree with the whole borrowing gear thing lesson learned! He was good enough to let me use it however this firm owes me money after I bought my loader over to move an enourmas yew that had fallen in the road and no one could get a saw through it thus getting him out of a hole...

Really appreciate the comments though,god bless arb talk lol