Note For Thieves Trolling The Site .

White Noise

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So out of interest what would be your solution ? and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

For sure the police wouldn't have sat there for hours, however I do agree that things could now escalate.

We have laws and should all stick to them..

I would have wanted to do the same.. but.. I think it is more likely to end in more tears. It doesn't take any balls to sneak back another night with a can of petrol and take retribution..

You could also end up in court for assault or worse he might have gone home with a concussion and ended up dead (these thinks happen) you then end up done for murder..

It's a risk benefit analysis and to save your yard for one night you have created lots of risks. IMO.

We have laws and should all stick to them..

I would have wanted to do the same.. but.. I think it is more likely to end in more tears. It doesn't take any balls to sneak back another night with a can of petrol and take retribution..

You could also end up in court for assault or worse he might have gone home with a concussion and ended up dead (these thinks happen) you then end up done for murder..

It's a risk benefit analysis and to save your yard for one night you have created lots of risks. IMO.

What a load of tosh if this country manned up and started fighting back the scum would think twice.

White noise how did you stop yourself?

This is the sort of post that i like to read on a/t, i would think it very unlikely the little git will try to nick anything out of white noise's yard any time soon.

Some years ago i was in the same situation, and even now if i got wind that someone was going to visit my yard i would do it again.

I think i can just about remember how to dish out a few internal injuries.

Brings back to me an incident of my own a couple of years ago, I spotted a couple of scrotes clearing my car out at 2am. I had been working my proverbials off for weeks not bringing in quite enough to pay the bills and when I saw these wee batons I almost flipped, there they were helping themselves while I was tring to get enough sleep to get up the next day for an honest, tax-paying days toil.

So what happened? One version (the official one) is that I persuaded them to leave, and the other one is that they narrowly escaped my base instincts to take out my frustrations on them. Blades were produced (by them), one of them was on hardcore drugs. It could have gone any way at all. And then I got rebuked by the police for having a baseball bat on me. "Baseball bat?", said I, "it's my walking stick". "That's better" said PC Goodguy.

Here's the problem. Yopu pay taxes and you walk the right side of the line. Others don't. The law is on your side till you take the law into your own hands. But you only do that when the law lets you down. It's almost wild west round here sometimes, the police are so thin on the ground. If the state doesn't keep it's side of the deal I can see why scrotes will increasingly have unfortunate accidents in dark yards.

The walking stick is on ice, but I'd warrant the animal in most of us is not far from thawing out at very short notice.

Sorry guys, my therapist made me say all this. Or maybe I'm just mental. Go ahead punks...

Here's the problem. Yopu pay taxes and you walk the right side of the line. Others don't. The law is on your side till you take the law into your own hands. But you only do that when the law lets you down. It's almost wild west round here sometimes, the police are so thin on the ground. If the state doesn't keep it's side of the deal I can see why scrotes will increasingly have unfortunate accidents in dark yards.

I think that about sums up my view too. I have been done twice - the first time for saws a couple of years back, the second a few weeks ago when they didn't find any saws, just the hedge trimmer, my long Hayauchi and a canvas bag full of scrap plumbing fittings. Compared with last time, it was a lot less financial impact, but it's still mine not theirs, and now down to me to meet the cost from my pocket, and it leaves the constant watching for when they are coming back.

My main frustration with the law as it stands is that if I put anything in their way which would act as a serious deterrent, in a place where nobody who is unaware of it has any right to be, or easy way of getting there (ie it's behind a lock which would have to be cut off), I will be held liable if they injure themselves on it. That said, I may recently have been a bit careless in securing some coils of barbed wire which I put out of the way, coincidentally in places where one might attempt to climb through, and they may have become a bit unwound and tangled up there. I really must get round to tidying them up....