Note For Thieves Trolling The Site .

White Noise

We had a similar situation about 25 years ago, affecting a wide area of the county. Caravans, vehicles and thieves everywhere. A fairly Draconian system was put into place, including: 30-06 rounds to the head of any dog loose on private grazing land (it's amazing how fast the unwashed can run in those big boots with no laces in when Fido explodes 10 yds in front of them), digging moats across the entrances to fields as the river began to rise to their encampments, and even just helping them on their way with Telehandlers.:thumbup:

However, the next year, at least 2 millions worth of torched barns in the same area.:thumbdown:

We don't have the same scale of problem these days, but we still have thieves about.

We also have a lot of genuine Romany people at certain times of the year, and they are more than welcome. Indeed I would help them out if I could ever do anything for them.

As regards the Law, these days a good shoeing could see you in clink, as has been mentioned earlier.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I created a thread about means and methods to protect your kit.

This thread was UK oriented so all of my sources were home grown for fellow members of AT. That said had something similar had occurred at my wear house and I was present I suspect that the word restraint would not have had much meaning for the perp.

I geneunly believe that by the time I got done with the punk, he would be feeling very unlucky and still wondering if it was all worth it. So many things to trip over and such poor lighting!, I wonder if I will ever get someone to fix either one?, not!

easy-lift guy

A chap called Tony Martin, I think it was, went to jail for unloading a 12 bore into a burglar, ended up killing him.

Yes, he did have his sentence reduced or even overturned, but that's the way the law works.

There was a little bit more to that case than him shooting a burglar.