Note For Thieves Trolling The Site .

White Noise

I've got a mate out here who has a nursery/landscape business.

He had a lot of problems so he got a pair of German shepherds (a brother and sister from the same litter) as guard dogs.

He had a trainer come periodically to keep them up to scratch. These dogs were not pets and were never in the house, they just stayed at the yard.

He told me that in training when they would stage simulated break ins the (not so crafty) dog would run up to the gate/fence to bark at the intruder. The bitch however would back herself between crates, not out of fear, she actively wanted the intruder to get over the fence, in order to exact proper retribution.

I love dogs!

I considered a properly trained guard dog after our last incident, but if your dog decides to have some one and it's properly trained as a guard dog you will most likely see yourself in a load off trouble and liable to being taken to court for damages, if it's the family pet you won't have too much trouble.

Like I said the laws to protect yourself need to be changed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautifully put, I may adopt that as a strap-line. And I agree with the sentiment.

Sadly this kind of reasoning doesn't enter the average Junkies thinking.

Some of the guys who come to us are third generation drug addicts. They don't even understand the concept of consideration for others or self respect.

Why should people need any other reason than not wanting to cause misery to others and a desire for self-respect?

I agree with that but the reality is some of the worst drug addicts who fund their addiction by criminal activities don't know what it means to have self-respect. there are those who have emotional physical and/or sexual traumatic experiences that hinder an ability to have any 'common sense, rational behaviour, or social conformity'' and no ability to return themselves to an even keel (an acceptable behaviour). Chaos and madness is default in some. Does that mean that it's a free ticket to justify bad/illegal behaviour?.....no, bad/illegal behaviour has consequences. It just means that they need help because they don't have the ability to just sort themselves out. Some people don't want nothing to do with them and that's fine, some people want to reach out and help and that's fine, Whether that help actually helps, that's another issue.

There are people who just want to go out and rob/rip off just because they can and they don't have any of the issues stated above (debatable).

People will always have differing opinion that is also fine (I think) as long as solutions are worked at for the general/common good. I will get off my soap box just after I say this. People can change, it's happening all over the world. My criminal record was spent (over a decade ago) except last week I had a £180 fine 3 points and a flipping court appearance leading to a conviction for wire exposed on the inside rim on my car tyre last week. Change takes a lifetime (again, my opinion) and I guess it's only on your death bed when you look back at your life and you are satisfied that your effort to bring good to people's lives was genuine and real. Today I messure my daily actions as if I am on my death bed because I don't have the slightest idea how long my life is going to be.

It sucks when you hear a story of how someone's livelyhood has been robbed, it sucks when you hear stories of refugees drowning, it sucks (for me anyway) when you hear stories of people trapped in addictions with no hope of change

All this is based on my own experiences and my formed views. I know that others have different views and I'm not looking to undermine them or say that my view is the only view. I just like to help people

The laws an ass at the best of times, and its worse when its stacked in the favour of scum and against those who positively contribute to society.

20 years back, 2 guys were caught stealing fuel and trying to remove other stuff from a forestry skidsite. They got grabbed by 3 of the crew who were out pig hunting (yes some could call it poaching at the time)

The had their hands bound, eyes taped shut and forced to kneel infront of a ditch. Guy took shotgun and at the same time he fired it in the air, each of the scum were giving a good kick in the back and they fell into the ditch. They soiled themselves and writhed about screaming for a while.

I knew one of the crew who told me about it a few years later. I also, as it turned out knew one of the two scum, and I can tell you it was the last time that guy did anything wrong.

Back then the scum wouldnt dare go to the cops as they would be in worse trouble, and they would have let the crew off with a "not the best way to do it boys but better than killing them and hiding the bodies" warning. these days im not so sure. Pity.

Land sharks are the answer, about twenty years ago a hapless bycrikey tried his luck here and was seen off by the dobermans I had at the time. One of them was strutting around the yard with a very large chunk of prized denim in his mouth.

Bob

That image just made my day:biggrin: We have rotties, who are so proud of themselves when they've won/caught something.