Parish council agree to fell tree - how to stop?

Two Acres

:thumbup1:I think it's a lovely tree, and the village is very 'Midsomer Murders' in setting (although I loathe the programme is has some nice English village locations).

I think the tree should be saved. Print some T-shirts, start a petition, dance around it swinging corkers and then get the local rag to come on side.

I want this tree to live. :thumbup1:

P.S. I admire your politeness and restraint in the face of some rather caustic retorts to your plea. I'd have bitten big time :blushing:

All power to the wonderful tree! :thumbup:

Thanks for your support Turtle :thumbup:

I'm pretty confident that the tree will live - we have some of the girls threatening to chain themselves to it if the saws arrive :lol:

I always think that politeness and restraint are the way forward - never much to be gained from emotive confrontation - glad you agree :thumbup:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed with which this has happened, and my previous experience of the parish council, would suggest to me that its a snap decision. They do tend to take a 'riding shotugun' type approach to issues that arise and they seem to do so without an awreness of their legal remit.

Get on the phone on Monday discuss with the tree officer and get a TPO in place and make sure they are aware of it.

Get on the phone on Monday discuss with the tree officer and get a TPO in place and make sure they are aware of it.

Thanks Matty :thumbup:

I've emailed the tree officer just now - lets hope they get on the case. My biggest concern is that the tree is felled before due process can take place. I just hope that there only at the quoting stage.

Is he on the parish council by any chance ?

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference!

Mrs Egg is a Parish councillor. We put plans in for an extension, they got kicked into touch! Because I went for the 'big one'.

Being on the Parish Council don't make you any different than the bloke in the street. Believe me, I tried it!

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference!

Mrs Egg is a Parish councillor. We put plans in for an extension, they got kicked into touch! Because I went for the 'big one'.

Being on the Parish Council don't make you any different than the bloke in the street. Believe me, I tried it!

You need to fill up your brown envelopes a bit more Eggs :biggrin:

I thought the idea was ask for more than you want, then when you get knocked back you ask for what you really wanted in the first place and they say 'yay' because they're releived you've 'scaled down' your plans. So if you want to build three houses on a bit of land you go for five. Then you get your three :thumbup1:

Thanks Matty :thumbup:

I've emailed the tree officer just now - lets hope they get on the case. My biggest concern is that the tree is felled before due process can take place. I just hope that there only at the quoting stage.

I'd still ring them and get through and speak to the TO , obviously that photo with your email would help unless it's been ravaged by bleeding canker and is now a half dead cankered up wreck with half the bark hanging off its cambium like many aesculous ,I would say you have a very good chance.

I'd still ring them and get through and speak to the TO , obviously that photo with your email would help unless it's been ravaged by bleeding canker and is now a half dead cankered up wreck with half the bark hanging off its cambium like many aesculous ,I would say you have a very good chance.

Thanks Matty,

Its in rude health mate. That pic is a few years old and doesn't do it justice really. I'm putting the word round to other interested villagers based on the advice I'm getting on here. We have some very useful 'doers' in our community that always seem to get stuff done. Wheels are in motion :thumbup1: