waterproof jacket

jamesd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get one with pit zips for ventilation, it saves taking a jacket on and off because you get too hot on a climb. Good quality jackets will have a pit zip you can open and close with one hand. Also a good quality zip that won't fail, cheap coats = cheap zips, the better coats have zips that open up and down. Ripstop material helps keep it from getting shredded, and a hood that can accommodate a climbing helmet is a bonus.

A good waterproof jacket is also useful as an extra layer on a cold windy day.

This is the one i use, it's excellent

Berghaus Carrock

Berghaus Carrock Men's Waterproof Jacket | GO Outdoors

if you're on a tight budget, maybe this £5 poncho is a good idea. I honestly think I might get one of these at that price, and keep it in my climbing kit incase I forget to bring a coat.

£5 poncho that clips onto harness

Design Go Poncho & Pouch | GO Outdoors

Edited by enrieb

the sailing ones with neoprene cuffs and neck with a zip 100%waterproof.

and do not get to hot in them i think they do them with hoods.

Forest and arb sell some good ones

have you got one from forest and arb?

like the look of them but the description :

The Gill Pro Top has been engineered for unrestricted movement and incredible waterproof defence. Its protective design is enhanced by adjustable PU collar and cuffs, a non-lift neoprene waistband and front zip neck closure for cooling ventilation. A non-intrusive zipped pocket is positioned on the back for essentials.

2 Dot™ 2 layer highly breathable and waterproof laminated fabric

Fully taped seams for a waterproof seal

Durable water repellent finish

Low noise and soft touch fabric

waterproof or water repellent (useless)???? :confused1:

I wear a Country Covers Field Smock, link below, not the cheapest but always kept me dry; good wind-proofing too. It is warm though so wearing just a T shirt or long sleeved top would probably do. The hood can be little problematic, it does roll up and it does fit over a hard hat if you're wearing ear plugs (the ear defenders tend to restrict movement a bit).

They made mine slightly longer in the arm, not that I'm a longed armed, but I hate jacket sleeves riding up your arm when you're reaching.

Waterproof Field Smock - Country Covers