Love a bit of notice...

Acg128

well i rang the groundie last night to confirm todays work no reply so left message no call back rang him this morning same again left message. i then rang him again at 8am no reply. now 10.30 no call or text have a job and now had to rush around to get some help but lost two hours of the day.

not a happy bunny at all.

find out what happened as he is good as gold so bit strange. and like to use him when he is not busy with others.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting subject.

As some of you know our tree teams are crewed entirely with recovering drug addicts. This presents unique challenges as an employer...as you can imagine. Guys enter our programme to turn their backs on destructive lifestyles.

Teaching practical skills is one thing, we put our guys through cs30/31 when they have been with us a while then we will look to send them on further climbing courses etc...

Teaching guys a good work ethic and a responsible attitude can take a lot longer... Employers can use incentives and disciplinary procedures to help modify employees behaviour at work but to change someone's heart attitude is a different ball game altogether...

you make plans and arrangements with customers then someone doesn't turn in. Your plans go out the window, jobs that were expected to be completed aren't - going back to finish can cause financial loss due to extra travelling etc, etc etc.

It's annoying, we have a lad who misses Monday when he works the previous Saturday (extra money), so he works five days but gets paid more. He is on his final warning as there won't be any o/t if he continues.

So true, employees don't realise what goes on behind the scenes to organise work, etc. Plus mondays off after being paid the previous Friday. Do they think empoyers are stupid?

you've either got a work ethic in you or you haven't.

So true, employees don't realise what goes on behind the scenes to organise work, etc. Plus mondays off after being paid the previous Friday. Do they think empoyers are stupid?

you've either got a work ethic in you or you haven't.

Brilliant idea, payday is now Monday :thumbup1:

We get paid monthly.....

I'm a foreman in a big company, so we have our wee teams, and have a good rapport with eachother, so thankfully its not "i cant be bovvered to go in, i will just txt boss" its more like, "i really dont want to let me mates down".

Saying that, its Germany, and you need a sick note from doctor even if you just have one day off because you had a bad bratwurst the day before. And there aint no sick note for hungover :001_tt2:

One of my lads car wouldn't start this morning.. He normally picks up another of the lads.... I am therefore in a position of having a tractor driver and groundie with no climber.. and the other team of 4 guys having to wait for their groundie to turn up as he is now late.

He then is off with me for being short with him on the phone..

Interesting subject.

As some of you know our tree teams are crewed entirely with recovering drug addicts. This presents unique challenges as an employer...as you can imagine. Guys enter our programme to turn their backs on destructive lifestyles.

Teaching practical skills is one thing, we put our guys through cs30/31 when they have been with us a while then we will look to send them on further climbing courses etc...

Teaching guys a good work ethic and a responsible attitude can take a lot longer... Employers can use incentives and disciplinary procedures to help modify employees behaviour at work but to change someone's heart attitude is a different ball game altogether...

That's handy, my business is mostly staffed with aspiring addicts. :lol:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App