Love a bit of notice...

Acg128

Just out of interest what is a basic salary for a tree worker?

Just wondering as a mate had a big chestnut taken down and stump out and small hedge reduction for £2150 plus vat. Somone made some money! Only 4 1/2 hour job thanks Richard

I am only a humble forester so not fully versed in the running costs of a tree surgery firm, but whatever way I look at it the above figure seems staggering. It would take me over a month to earn what they were charging for half a day, doing a not too dissimilar job.

Is that the going rate for tree surgery work or was the firm very greedy and the client too quick to accept?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on how many staff were on site, did they turn up with £100k worth of gear which ment they could do in that time what would have taken another company 2days, pre work starting were tpo reports and applications needed which take knowledge and time. Insurance...

Wages are only a part of the daily running costs of a tree firm which is something iv found young lads out of collage or still at college coming to me for work placement seem to struggle to grasp this concept that just because I'm paying them,x and charging y that I'm earning myself a mint and living the shampain lifestyle, I wish!

Saying all that over 2k is quite a lot.

Just out of interest what is a basic salary for a tree worker?

Just wondering as a mate had a big chestnut taken down and stump out and small hedge reduction for £2150 plus vat. Somone made some money! Only 4 1/2 hour job thanks Richard

Did they really "make money" or just make a fair wage for the men and equipment required? How many people were on site for example?

Someone has been out and quoted for job

Travel time to job both ways, any arisings needing tipped?

Insurances, equipment, certification, holiday pay, pensions etc etc etc

So... They maybe did or maybe didn't make good money but there's always more than meets the eye. And for every one that maybe went well and good return made there's a job that goes the other way!

Edit: The fabulously named Gray Git has covered this already