Love a bit of notice...

Acg128

I could understand irritation from either party, it's not ideal, but if it was my car broken down I'd be annoyed if my boss treated it like an excuse.

If you have a great attendance record, good work ethic and are a loyal company employee, it would be extremely galling to me if I couldn't make it in for a genuine reason and was treated as lazy or unreliable.

People get ill, cars break down, etc. it sometimes is unavoidable.

FWIW I've been off ill 4 days in the last 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

That's over a day per year.

You, Sir, are a waster.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day you'll all have to provide these and do a course on how to use them.

A friend of mine has a steel fabricating firm and a 22 year old lad who was working for him was brought into work by his mum and she brought his lunch in and picked him up again at knock off every day.

Hi,

Sounds like the guy is wasting your time here, its incompatible with the job to abuse drugs / booze so much he's unfit for work the next day, particularly if operating machinery or responsible for the safety of you & any others in your team.

I think you need to speak to him about it & let it be known that you are not happy. Im sure he wouldnt like doing 5 days work but only getting 4 days pay, so I'd get shot of him, I can only see it getting worse.

N