stress

It happens mate, I'm the same I stress when I'm busy then I stress when I'm quiet, like now not been out the yard all week :thumbdown: but you just have to find your own way to deal with it, I can tell now when I'm getting bad, busy stress I seem to deal with better as after few minutes I get my head together and get organised, quiet time stress is worst because theres nothing to occuy your mind apart from the worry that your not earning, I now try and direct myself towards doing jobs that have been waiting, ie maintenance or firewood to keep my mind occupied :001_cool:

• 4 weeks later...

STRESS what a night mare.

I did not know I was ill with it for a long time, was running a 2-3 man tree business I did the climbing and office etc, knackered my body, never slept, etc got to the point of wanting out and selling up or expand, so I was luck enough to be offered a gardening business with 4 men a little work. This ment I could employ another tree surgeon to take my place and push both businesses. I have used a hypothesis which is brilliant I have also had NLP. And use a chiropractor when ever it is needed. And have taken on a business coach Debbie Huxton who has got my head straight, last year was a nightmare but I have turned a corner and life is great. My advice is go and get help what ever the cost because when you are well the money comes easier!!

Lifes to short to feel ****

STRESS what a night mare.

I did not know I was ill with it for a long time, was running a 2-3 man tree business I did the climbing and office etc, knackered my body, never slept, etc got to the point of wanting out and selling up or expand, so I was luck enough to be offered a gardening business with 4 men a little work. This ment I could employ another tree surgeon to take my place and push both businesses. I have used a hypothesis which is brilliant I have also had NLP. And use a chiropractor when ever it is needed. And have taken on a business coach Debbie Huxton who has got my head straight, last year was a nightmare but I have turned a corner and life is great. My advice is go and get help what ever the cost because when you are well the money comes easier!!

Lifes to short to feel ****

Sounds a bit like what i have been through, I too had some NLP which has turned my life around and helped me cope with stress. Best thing i didn't even have to pay for if only some hedge cutting :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

im not sure if stress has hit me yet but i wouldnt be surprised. from the symptons people have listed my short term memory has disappeared when it used to be brilliant. recently ive had trobule sleeping but not all night just for an hour or so. i now have worries about money. as my and my fianence have got a wwedding to pay for next june i have a creditcard to clear and we have recently moved house and have spent some money on the house. i used to work 6 days a week but dropped down to 5 so i wasnt getting stressed but now i need to go back to 6 days a week to make enough money. i know life is not easy. i just want to bulid my company so that when we have kids i can spend time with my son/daughter. im scared that itll not happen and itll fail but i dont let fears take me over i must push through and be strong get a plan and stick to it.

sorry if the post doesnt read quite right part of it is me talking to my self

Stress is a killer. I learnt that the hard way. Years of facing violent, unpredictable individuals day after day took its toll. I started to have panic attacks,feeling of uncontrolable aggresion and losing the ability to feel any emotion. I finally had to admit I was struggling (family and friends could see it but I was to proud to say). I took the opportunity to have some counseling and now feel a lot better. I was sceptical about talking to a stranger at first being as I was a rough tough ex tree surgeon,ex nightclub doorman and a serving prison officer but to my utter surprise slowly it began to work. I still have the odd bad day but no where near as many. My biggest advice would be admit there's a problem before the problem/s overtake you and have irretrievable negative effects on your life.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a week off.

Woke Tuesday morning to find I couldn't walk, only crawl.

The my vision swimming, I was retching emptiness and had to lie still in bed.

The doc was called out, lucky for me my wife came back from Morocco 2 days before or it would have had to crawl to a neighbour and raise the alarm.

Turns out I have 'vertigo' brought on by stress, over work, de-hydration, doing without meals PLUS I have naturally very low blood pressure which does not help.

Now a week end bed and I'm still a little light headed but I'm out early 'today now' to drag branches and supervise, a little more slowly than before.

As I lay in bed I had vision of my dreams and hopes crumbling and this then gave me an almighty anxiety attack which I got over this afternoon.

Is this what self employment is all about...?

Cripes, I'd swap it all for a warm job in a supermarket aisle on the minimum wage if this is going to become frequent recurrence.

Ty

I've just had a week off.

Woke Tuesday morning to find I couldn't walk, only crawl.

The my vision swimming, I was retching emptiness and had to lie still in bed.

The doc was called out, lucky for me my wife came back from Morocco 2 days before or it would have had to crawl to a neighbour and raise the alarm.

Turns out I have 'vertigo' brought on by stress, over work, de-hydration, doing without meals PLUS I have naturally very low blood pressure which does not help.

Now a week end bed and I'm still a little light headed but I'm out early 'today now' to drag branches and supervise, a little more slowly than before.

As I lay in bed I had vision of my dreams and hopes crumbling and this then gave me an almighty anxiety attack which I got over this afternoon.

Is this what self employment is all about...?

Cripes, I'd swap it all for a warm job in a supermarket aisle on the minimum wage if this is going to become frequent recurrence.

Ty

Nah

Running your own business is a piece of cake

Joke

That sounds like bad times Ty. You have been pushing it recently.

Maybe slow down and grow a bit more organically so you can control it better. Just a thought.

I suffered earlier this year with stress and anxiety, I let things build up until bang it hit me I couldn't sleep I felt sick I felt worthless, I started a thread about anxiety on here and I had some really great advice from other members, I decided to try hypnotherapy! Yes it's not cheap but for me it worked, my hypnotherapist explained in great detail the reasons how and why we get anxiety and stress, when you can look logically about the reasons you can get better, it is an illness so don't just live with it get some help!