stress

hi guys, stress has been brought up in another thread so i thought i would start a new one. i suffered from stress for a few years and didnt realise it, its horrible. i started my own business when i was 23 and it was great, loads of money and worked when i liked, but when i decided to BETTER MYSELF by expanding the business and taking on finance,staff and bigger jobs it all got too much for me, it wasnt untill i became a father i had to make a decision, sort myself out or keep digging in the huge hole i had dug, fiancially and in my personal life. i can spot stres i mile off now, so when i see my fellow arbtalkers showing signs i like to give them some friendly advice, everyone suffers from it in some way or another, i went for hypnotherapy. it was amazing. no hocuspocus running around like a chicken, but amazing advice from a professional who then puts your mind in a state to which it will absorb new information, i suffered form irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, insomnia, no energy, anxiety, anger, depression. the works but i caught it just in time. we are all good at cutting trees but what about running your life. talking and sharing is one of the best ways. so let it all out guys n girls:001_smile:

• Thanks 2

yeh until that gear that needs paying for every month keeps breaking down and can't earn and just cost's and then theres no staff to do the job to pay the bills.

Its all about finding a happy medium staff and kit are both needed they both bring a little stress at times but we need them to earn the money!

catch 22

Well done Stevie for bringing the subject up. Stress, depression and anxiety are subjects we rough, tough Arb types don’t talk about easily (especially me). I don’t have the stress of running a business, just the stress, remorse and depression associated with throwing everything I once cherished away. I’m made-up for you for beating it brother, as for myself - I still have a long way to go (cant even see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, let alone the blue-sky, clarity and sunshine I long for).

Keep smiling. :001_smile:

• Thanks 1

yeh until that gear that needs paying for every month keeps breaking down and can't earn and just cost's and then theres no staff to do the job to pay the bills.

Its all about finding a happy medium staff and kit are both needed they both bring a little stress at times but we need them to earn the money!

catch 22

Disagree, the gear should make far more than it costs and if you do it right you have the money to fix the gear when needed.

I have only one groundie, and a very occasional extra man for the odd day each year.

IMHO, Staff = Hassle :thumbdown:

The right gear = More profit :001_smile:

Chin up John, there is always light at the end of the tunnel!...things may seem bad sometimes but there is always something round the corner!

I think I'm too stubborn to allow stress to get hold of me, although it does get frustrating when machinery breaks down or jobs dont go right - hey if thats all we have to worry about then sa ne fair rien !

Running your own company can be very stressful at times, you need to find your way of dealing with it which may be very different from others.

I suffer when we are busy, but have a good wife to come home to that understands if I'm a bit wound up. A good massage once a fortnight and also I'm finding this forum is a wind down when I get home. (no arse lick intended)

If you have a good team of staff they will learn as and when the stress is coming, and help out so we all pull together. :001_smile:

When my dad died, there was a lot of stuff to sort out. One way and another he left a huge mess behind. on top of that the friendly guys we know as the HMRC decided it was a good time to investigate me and check me out. Things spiralled out of control in my head, I tried to be the "man" and deal with it all myself. BUt I couldnt, the headaches, the acid stomach, the mood swings, too snappy with everyone. Eventually I went to my GP, who had recently gone thru similar stuff himself, and straightaway he recognised the symptoms. I now use the answerphone, instead of leaping to my feet when the phone rings during meals, I meet people when it suits me, I relax far more, and I make "me" time. I now enjoy my work, my family, and my social life far more. I now , like many, use an accountant, the right person for the job, it takes all that pressure off, dont try and make do, its not worth it.

Make use of modern technology, email your quotes out, nothing more annoying than the Post Office losing important quotes.

If you have kids, make the most of them while they're young, mine are grown up now, the years go too quickly.

Most importantly, TALK if you start to suffer stress, to your wife/partner/friends/colleagues, dont suffer in silence and become a crotchety old git.:001_smile:

• Thanks 1