stress

• 3 weeks later...

6 day weeks, missus works 3days and skint. Between rent,bills and nursery costs it's getting too tight. This month more going out than in its a joke we earn too much apparently for council tax relief and most of the tax credits we were getting are been taken away. I dunno working hard seems bloody pointless sometimes

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Morning all.

I confess, my usual buoyant self is being brought low by my business partners behaviour.

After trading separately for 2 years but working together we decided to form a limited company.

We have work ahead of us, no problems there.

In fact whilst at work we are an excellent team and get on fine.

What is eating at me is the change in my partner after hours.

He has become controlling in his behaviour, his coldness, arrogance and rudeness are all becoming too much for me.

I am treated as an employee in my own company.

Kept in the dark about 'his' plans and our internal admin.

My diary is empty even though I know I have brought in work for a month recently.

So Monday, as I don't officially know what I am doing for work I will visit the accountant and see if I can't find a get out of jail solution before I have another anxiety attack.

I'm off on my bike now to work off my nervous energy.

Ty

Ty, it may not be the thing for you but the best thing i ever did was to bail out of my failing partnership and go it alone, it was hard i had to start again from scratch and also especially since my partner was one of my best friends and more like a brother. at the end of the day i had to do what was right for me and my family, when i look back at the stress i went through and the wasted time my only regret is that i didn't heed the signs earlier.

Morning all.

I confess, my usual buoyant self is being brought low by my business partners behaviour.

After trading separately for 2 years but working together we decided to form a limited company.

He has become controlling in his behaviour, his coldness, arrogance and rudeness are all becoming too much for me.

My diary is empty even though I know I have brought in work for a month recently.

So Monday, as I don't officially know what I am doing for work I will visit the accountant and see if I can't find a get out of jail solution before I have another anxiety attack.

Ty

Whilst it's good to have a 'partner' to bounce ideas off/support. I would advise NEVER go into partnership with a friend unless you have clearly defined roles in the business. It may be that he sees himself in the same role you do and that don't work. Sit down and work our what you expect from each other and work that way. Otherwise forget it and move on.

Morning all.

Ty

I suppose you have to work out why you decided to form a ltd co and work together. Like others have said, partnerships are rife with conflict and problems and there has to be a very good reason to consider one if you were previously working well individually.

6 day weeks, missus works 3days and skint. Between rent,bills and nursery costs it's getting too tight. This month more going out than in its a joke we earn too much apparently for council tax relief and most of the tax credits we were getting are been taken away. I dunno working hard seems bloody pointless sometimes

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Know that feeling mate, busier than I've been for two years today makes 9 weeks I've worked straight through without anytime off and still no better off because by time I get something finished and paid for its already been accounted for, which is doing my anxiety levels no good at all, but just got to keep fighting, it always comes right eventually :thumbup1:

I'm sure you've all seen my thread on general chat about my time coming to an end. To many things to list that have gone wrong. Should have seen the signs but failed. It's a lesson learned.

Stress has now come into play about this part of my business. Arboriculture made up about 40% of my business. The other 60% split into two parts. Own brand of working dog food 40% and pest control another 20%.

But now 40% of revenue has gone. I have to make some very rash decisions. Which is now putting stress on my relationship. Tension between me and my partner is getting very tense.

So what do I do? I climb into the nest and grab that little nest egg I'd tucked away. I use it to subsidise me for the next month or 6 weeks and I take the time out to do what I WANT to do. Get my head straight and BOOM I'll start again.

Keep smiling lads, it's tough for all of us :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...