stress

• 5 months later...

11 years have passed since I started this thread.  All my stresses before were from work, I even did an article on it for Forestery Magazine.

Arbtalk really helped me through my hard times and I feel this thread was beneficial to other members too.

I separated from my wife of 19 years on February after a few rocky years, no tree climbing skills or machinery purchases could of prepared me for the mental stress over these last 6 months.

It’s been a clean break, no aggravation from my X wife and kids are happy going between us within walking distance.

Covid hasn’t even been on my radar as I’ve kept myself to myself and live in a small village.

Everyone is fighting their own battles and I’m lucky enough to have family and friends close by that I’m finally letting into my life again.

Not really sure why I feel the need to type this, certainly not for sympathy, I’d say more for anyone else on here who is having a tough time.  Chin up and keep moving forward!

This site has changed and evolved so much and I’m not on as much but it still is my Go To every day, without fail!

Cheers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 17/09/2018 at 21:19, Stephen Blair said:

Deezyboy, firstly please don’t take anti depressant. I understand counciling didn’t work for Westphalian , my answer to that it, get a better councillor.

Firstly reading your post, you are not depressed. Real depressed folk can’t leave the house. You have successfully ran your business for 2 years, you simply are not loving your life the way you want to live your life.
I believe you will know WHO stresses you and WHAT stresses you.
My first business move was to dead wood the energy vampires, firstly work related then in my personal life.
Go through your phone, delete any contact that you know did not treat you like the awesome guy you are, if there is any resentment to that person, delete!
Any family member, so called friend that uses you, manipulates you and doesn’t support you like mate should as you are crossing the line of a marathon, then delete, ignore and put them out your life.
These people won’t go without a struggle, like putting a young puppy on a lead, it will wrestle and choke itself trying to get free, just hold the lead tight, ignore the little shit and guess what,mit will behave before it chokes out.
Anything you are doing that you know you shouldn’t, stop it! Anything that’s not what you would want your parents or kids to know about, just stop it. Be it doing 31mph in a 30 mph or robbing banks, stop!
You need to get the balance. If anyone owes you money, either go and get it or forget it. Being in a rage about it will eat you up, hating someone is like drinking poison and hoping the other guy dies!
Do something that you are scared to do and just see if the world falls apart like you think it will.
Sit down and write down some business rules and follow them.
Stop talking negatively, teach yourself how to get better at what you are trying to achieve. If your partner is suffering, then tell her you are sorry and ask her what she thinks you need to do.
This guy puts into 90 minutes what I’ve searched for myself in the last 10 years.
Well worth a watch.
Enjoy!

Bought his book,  very good.  K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

If i had to pick 2 guys to work with from the forum based on dry wit it would be you K and stubby toy.Days would be worth a million $ cheers les ??

two things 

A) Mr Slippery Lippy Stubby is out of my league n

B) you would have stabbed me by noon ( not kidding )   :PK

• Haha 1