• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes

Jonathon Hodge- a bit wild now but great bloke

Wild now?

He was mental in '94 when I used to drink with him in Ruckinge! What a character! He'd know me as Bill, be great to catch up again.

Back on track, I remember a scaffolder pulling one of those phones out of his truck in about '89 and saying how great it was for his business.

I shook my head like the young fool that I was....

First bike, Striker with back pedal brake!

First BMX, Halfords special, got nicked by the bin men on last days of holidays down south!!

2 Nd BMX, Blue max, mongoose!

Bought both myself with Bob a Job!!

I am sure that was meant to go to the cubs lol!!

First motorbike, TY 80! Took 3 years to save up for it!

Best football was a Tango!

Favourite trainers where called ' Comandos' £10 from saxone!

Academy, it was a Campri ski jacket, then Nevica with Hitec League HUGE baseball boots with the tongue out and cuts at the bottom of my jeans!!

I wasn't allowed to put gross bottle rope in the laces, gutted!,

Coca cola yo yo's!!!! Nintendo game boy!!, didn't have 1!

CD's came out, wow!!!

Life with no worries, just wanting stuff!!:thumbup:

There's a special place at the back of mind reserved for the memory of Monkey Magic.

As I child in the 80s I sat transfixed to the opening credits wondering what the hell it was all about? why was it that the monkey that came out of the stone egg looked nothing like Monkey himself? guess this will remain one of the great unanswered questions from the 80s.

Check it out, the full opening credits and, 'MONKEY!' @ .58, awesome tune

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88y4ttqaW6U]Monkey Opening Theme - YouTube[/ame]

Bmx mag wheels, I was told if they got buckled you could put them in a chest freezer and they would true themselfs but never had them to be able to test the theory. where's myth busters when you need them :biggrin:

Always dreamt of having a Huffy pro (came with Skyways) but settled for a California star from Halfords. Some how not the same but brilliant fun and have not stopped cycling since.