Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

Wettest winter I can remember. Maybe on par with 2019-20; that was never ending too. Looking forward to a drought and a heatwave from March thru October. Cheers.

The winter 19/20 is what broke me actually. It was the final straw, the catalyst for moving to Sweden. At our house in Devon we had 1800mm of rain over 6.5 months with the longest dry spell being 3 days. It was absolutely grim. I'm sorry that it's resembling that again in the UK.

It wasn't great here today either. Very mild (9c) with a couple of hours of drizzle. Feels like winter is on the way out now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Big J said:

The winter 19/20 is what broke me actually. It was the final straw, the catalyst for moving to Sweden. At our house in Devon we had 1800mm of rain over 6.5 months with the longest dry spell being 3 days. It was absolutely grim. I'm sorry that it's resembling that again in the UK.

It wasn't great here today either. Very mild (9c) with a couple of hours of drizzle. Feels like winter is on the way out now.

Right. I've been looking at photographs from winter 19-20. There are more than expected with brighter skies than I recall. Odd. Now convinced this winter 23-24 has actually been worse. Endless days of very dull, very wet conditions. You'll be glad you're not here! It's really miserable. If you suffer from S.A.D, here* is not the place to be!

A couple of weeks ago when we had a lot of winds but not much rain (here anyway) the ground started to dry out quite well. Yesterday I positioned on of my ride on mowers on the lawn where I could work on it (lawn higher than adjacent drive) I was shocked to see how sodden the ground is again. By the time I had finished mauling the out front decl off then back on the ground was really churned up. The conditions are limiting what jobs we can do as we are 95% domestic work and people don't want their lawns ruined by footfall.

• Like 2

I've got a half done job at a recreation ground since the autumn, it started raining and never dried up. Managed to get in one morning when the ground was frozen late Jan but not had a decent freeze at all, given up for now and said I'll finish later in the year.