Good wage for a groundie/Inexperienced climber?

Mozza

A good man with a family and mortgage etc wants to know what hes getting each week, a bonus system causes problems imo

Good wages, and an off the cuff, unexpected bonus for bringing in a job or getting a job done in quicker time is far better appreciated imo

Thats what I was getting at Lee. The basic wage will differ from area to area.

From a business point of view I think an employee is more likely to contribute/work well if he feels part of the company and less prone to p off at the first opp.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I was getting at Lee. The basic wage will differ from area to area.

From a business point of view I think an employee is more likely to contribute/work well if he feels part of the company and less prone to p off at the first opp.

Yep agreed , bonus are great though a stable employment future & income are at the top of most folks list

& lets face it to work in our industry doing the coolest job, should they not be paying us LOL

Get a farmer or farm hand. We have guy who subs for us. Used to hard work, thinks for himself, can drive tractor etc.. We pay him £55 a day. As he's used to farm wages he thinks its OK money. We were using him alot and put him through chainsaw tickets as although he'd been using a saw for years didn't have the bits of paper.

I pay £60 per day for a subbie groundie with all his tickets including rescue. He's young but able and i think for a beginner it's fair. Another more experianced guy i pay £90. Both on the money for this area

how come i only get £50 then

eventually:001_tt1:

I think quiet often groundies are labeled as usless because they don`t climb! Since being in the proffesion i have noticed this several times and can never work out why one man has to be the Foreman/ climber/ liason officer/ decision maker, I say he has enough to think about with climbing and working he really dosn`t need to worry about the ground and customers as well.

It has been nice reading a few replies on here as to what a good groundie is about and i agree 100% with thier views, i think a foreman on site should be on the ground and you would have a head climber that calls the shots from upstairs in relation to off ground activites.

I am aming to get to a point just like your all saying in regard to a Rescue groundie who has a head on his shoulders and a proper driving licence.

Got most of it except the Ariel rescue!!

I think quiet often groundies are labeled as usless because they don`t climb! Since being in the proffesion i have noticed this several times and can never work out why one man has to be the Foreman/ climber/ liason officer/ decision maker, I say he has enough to think about with climbing and working he really dosn`t need to worry about the ground and customers as well.

It has been nice reading a few replies on here as to what a good groundie is about and i agree 100% with thier views, i think a foreman on site should be on the ground and you would have a head climber that calls the shots from upstairs in relation to off ground activites.

I am aming to get to a point just like your all saying in regard to a Rescue groundie who has a head on his shoulders and a proper driving licence.

Got most of it except the Ariel rescue!!

I concur- £60 plus a hard-work bonus at the end of the week, this weeds out the w@nkrs. I he is good an a fast learner- he will soon get the big bucks- an not turn into an egotisicalclimber who thinks he should be paid for wiping his a......