Good wage for a groundie/Inexperienced climber?

Mozza

I've seen and received various different bonuses, some monthly production related where whatever the company makes over and obove its normal monthly turnover the staff each receive a share of the profit, on a sliding scale.

Another attendance bonus where if you turn up on time and complete your paperwork etc you'll receive a bonus.

Now I'm an employer I prefer to give a good wage and treat staff with respect with no bonus scheme at all.

That said we did give everyone double wages at the end of the financial year as a reward because we'd had very good year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm an employer I prefer to give a good wage and treat staff with respect with no bonus scheme at all.

That said we did give everyone double wages at the end of the financial year as a reward because we'd had very good year.

:thumbup:

Did you then give them a wage rise?

In reality, I should be the last person to bemoan a bonus system, as I have benefitted better than many I've known through sheer graft. However, my points were made on what I saw others receiving. One Xmas I received a healthy bonus, where a person who was at least my equal, maybe better, received next to nowt. Favouritsm?

Attendance bonus??? Isnt that what a wage is all about? I'm not saying in any way be soft on those who are late, slacking or bone-idle, send em down the road, but when you find a good crew pay em well and look after them, and you will in return get quality conscientous work, and will make more money day in, day out, with less breakages and downtime.

when you find a good crew pay em well and look after them, and you will in return get quality conscientous work, and will make more money day in, day out, with less breakages and downtime.

Agee totally.

My point is simply it may not be possible to pay as much as you want until financial positions are clear. A bunus will then help people feel part of what, after all, they have helped achieve.

Paying one more than the other is just bad man management

Recentlly coming from the Agri side i feel able to compare.

First the wages are a very simliar rate i tend to work a flat week now compaired to often 5 or 6 hours overtime on the farm rising to 30+ at busy times.

The big diffence now is the rent on my house taking a third of my wages each month. So in all i think i was better off sat in a tractor doing less physical work but longer hours to now sweating my dangley bits off most days but have time to spend with the kids or do some more sweating.

As for arb harder work i agree but 15 hours aday on a combine or tractor going as fast as you can is quiet tirering to.

I think i would need to earn £100 a day to equal the benifit of a free house in agriculture! Not likely!!!

400 a week for a groundie! .a good groundsman is usually a good climber..because a good climber that works on the ground knows exactly what is needed for the climber up the tree and an work fast and safe .

i would not pay a groundie 400 a week unless they had at least 8 yrs exp in the field and at least 5 yrs of that climbing.

thats 80 a day. for someone thats has little climbing exp . ..so what do you pay them when they have ten yrs under there belt ? 200 a day??