Down turn uncertainty domestic market

Anyone else feeling it in the domestic market I can imagine it's not felt that much in commercial and utility work like power rail road. 

Is this because the government can't curb inflation not to mention messing around with when to pull the lever on a general election?. 

I also feel it's defineatly here as Facebook advertising sponsored ads has gone wild. 

I think there are a few factors now that will make this the quietest  time of year , no one really has gone out in the garden yet and those that do will be thinking about nesting birds… the next three months I found have got worse over the last ten years. 

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2024 at 22:40, oldwoodcutter said:

Of the 3 self employed climbers I’v talked to within the last fortnight , all have said the same thing - dead as.

Very, very quiet for me. I thought it was down to the Spring being late and people holding back waiting for things to grow, but still not a lot happening for me. Maybe people are really cutting back this year. 

We’re fully booked into July and have at least one weeks work booked into each following month right up to Christmas. Most advance bookings are regulars we’ve been doing for years but about 15-20% are new customers.

the phone isn’t ringing much at the moment as is usual this time of year which I’m quite glad about to be fair.

Everything we are doing this month was booked in either last December or early this year.

My phone is the quietest it has been in years. We are 95+ per cent domestic. Still got the regular trims booked in, and fortunately not a problem as I'm getting older and not wanting/needing to work full time. Until now, I have always felt the domestic sector seemed pretty stable, in that we rarely work for younger customers in smaller properties, ie we work mainly for older customers in larger properties who are more financially secure.

On 14/05/2024 at 19:52, rapalaman said:

We’re fully booked into July and have at least one weeks work booked into each following month right up to Christmas. Most advance bookings are regulars we’ve been doing for years but about 15-20% are new customers.

the phone isn’t ringing much at the moment as is usual this time of year which I’m quite glad about to be fair.

Everything we are doing this month was booked in either last December or early this year.

Why do you think you have such an abundance of work when the general climate is so lean?

Tell us your f**king secret, NOW!😆